Why is the community so bad? You were new at this once too.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Directw

01-10-2013

This is a problem appears in every online game, just in LOL. The main reason is that there is no restriction and everyone can join. So some spoiled 8 year old kid think he is the center of the universe, he will rage if anything doesn't happen the way he want.

What we can do?

Nothing. The best we can do is ignore them and put them on a ignore/black list.

Yeah, this is what I do. I keep a list of player names with really bad attitude. If I know they are going to be my teammates, I would avoid that game, no matter how long I have to wait to join next game. Having a bad game is one thing, but having an bad attitude player as teammate is far more frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliaas View Post
Having a bad game once and a while in normal\ranked is OK. Playing poorly because you don't have the knowledge on how to play is not. There are multiple practice modes and varying difficulty levels. There is NO reason to troll 9 other people because you havn't a clue for whatever reason.
Not all players in LOL is as much dedicated to the game as others. To them, this is just a game to kill some free time, nothing more, nothing less. Of course they won't be able to play as well as other "dedicated" players.

The only thing that separate them from each other is the normal/rank game. And there is not much restriction between these two game modes. You can reach lv30 no matter how good or bad you are. It is just matter of time.

DaHeroAce

01-10-2013

gonna share something with you: "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

we cant really keep away from people like that. but still. if you really are the man or woman you really think you are aka one of the best then you should share your "infinite wisdom" instead of acting like a hotshot and watching your team mate gear slaughtered while laughing/raging at them.

Danag57

01-11-2013

Yeah most of ppl in this community are ragers, good thing i play with real life friends most of times ^^

Madraac

01-11-2013

Continue to play with those that you enjoy playing with.

I make mistakes and I get it, and I get why people rage, but I try to make the same continuous mistake in the same game, even if I revert to a stupid / smae mistake in my next game. It is how we learn. I know for myself, if someone wants to rage against me, let them. I am going to keep on trying to turn it around and be better or win the game, but just because you are hating does not mean I am going to allow you to ruin my day.

To the op, just realize this ranting only gets worse in ranked games. I love the ever present comment of "stop feeding" as that is everyone's goal. We all die at some point in the game, but to give a first blood does suck, it does not auto mean myself or a teamate is feeding, yet there is almost always someone who starts complaining about feeders after the second death.

Bottom line, enjoy the game and have fun.

MoonAlien7

01-13-2013

Yes, people do intend to be unforgiving, but the general consensus does tend to be to know who you're playing and know the enemy team well. There are honestly so many resources; guides, videos, bots, etc. People will occasionally get grumpy, especially because every single person/move is so important in this game. however, those who swear when getting just a couple or a few deaths are definitely among the worst of the community, and you should just ignore them.

seandkiller

01-13-2013

This community does annoy me at times. I've had my fair share of bad games (One just recently where I had 10 deaths too...yeesh), but most times people are *****es about it.
It's one thing if I'm say, purposely feeding/not listening to advice, but when someone admits they're doing bad a good idea is to give advice.

Anyway, I think it just can't be helped. I'm sure every game has trolls, and some bad community.

Dehorn

01-13-2013

i was new once, and i listened to people who tried to help me. most rage towards new players is because they dont listen and learn from their own mistakes.