Why is the community so bad? You were new at this once too.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mayback

01-10-2013

Off the bat I'm not ashamed to say that I am not a great player. I am only level 17. I just started playing seriously about a month ago and I am still learning a lot. I play with my level 30 friends and I generally do ok. I may not always go positive but I don't feed and we generally have a good time and win. If I mess up, they may get irritated, but they offer suggestions on what to do next time instead of just telling me how bad I am. And I learn from that. When you were a newer player did you learn everything through osmosis? Or did you learn from experience and occasionally failing? Its not my fault that I get put up against a team of level 30 players who have had a main champion for a year and I have been playing for a month. So cut me some slack and own up to my mistakes and learn.

I don't even want any advice or pity cause I'm a damn good level 17. My question is since when is everyone a pro who has the right to verbally abuse anyone on their team who dies? How about being productive and offering your self proclaimed divine knowledge as advice to your teammates instead of slandering them when they miss time a stun or accidentally steal your kill.
I am an extremely competitive person myself but there's been games that I've lost with friendly teammates that we has a great time in and theres been games ive won where I had ahorrible time.
More than a rant than anything else, but remember when you weren't the "pro" you consider yourself as now.

Minos157

01-10-2013

I don't know if others share the sentiment, but kill stealing is not a thing to me.

If the enemy dies, it is a good thing no matter what happened or how secure the kill was. So what if Cait ulti's a sure kill for an Ahri, or the support accidentally last hits someone. The other team died and that is more important.

People who rage at KS make me laugh.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

I never rage at KS

If support gets it early game, he gets a faster gp10, mid game it is stronger aura, and for obvious reason all other role will still be able to do something with the money

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

its a quick learned fact that most league players are pretty unforgiving. one of the main requirements to be at this game is thick skin (i think). whether its ignoring insults from allys or enemies, most likely someone will complain about something. you just have to shrug it off and push on through. the only reason i normally will get 'angry' at all is if i offer advice and it gets completely ignored. like dont overextend, and then the person does it again. or dont initiate a fight without me. then the tank runs in when im not there. if its just pointless and useless raging id say just ignore and just keep on chuggin along till you hit 30-personal experience is 30's tend to not rage as much as the lower levels do, but maybe im just lucky like that

ThePonsterMenis

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConArtistics View Post
Its not my fault that I get put up against a team of level 30 players who have had a main champion for a year and I have been playing for a month. So cut me some slack and own up to my mistakes and learn.

I don't even want any advice or pity cause I'm a damn good level 17. My question is since when is everyone a pro who has the right to verbally abuse anyone on their team who dies? How about being productive and offering your self proclaimed divine knowledge as advice to your teammates instead of slandering them when they miss time a stun or accidentally steal your kill.
Actually it is your fault because you are going premade with friends that are 30. In fact to be playing people who are 30, since it averages, you must be pairing with 2-3 people... skill level aside, you don't have the runes or masteries that other people have. Depending on what role you are taking (jungle as a great example) you are GREATLY handicapping your team. Basically if I got matched with you and you took anything but support I would be a bit uphappy. (FYI - this is probably why you are having trouble getting positive scores).

As for people getting mad at the things you are describing, then they are a$$es. That stuff is mechanical and can't be expected. What should be expected is the really basic things anyone of decent intelligence should understand; face checking bushes, pushing past the river without a ward, utter lack of map awareness/ ignoring teammates pings.

Let me give you an example of something that occurs with decent frequency. Around level 6 you go to counter jungling the enemies' red. You find him there and instantly chunk him. He uses and ability to escape, but you can still catch him for the kill. Your bottom lane doesn't call mia as the adc and support slip into the jungle near golems. After a brief moment you realize this and abort trying to slip out around the back of golems and pinging the whole time for your bot lane to come assist in your escape. Benefitted by line of sight, they realize no help is coming for you and use their summoners to aid in pursuit. You make it all the way back to the river and as you die, your bot lane engages in a 2v3 by chasing the low hp jungler; only to die for an 0 for 3 exchange.

As a recap, bot lane didn't call mia, ignored pings, then dove into a 2v3... Which of these things takes more than 20-30 games to figure out? Follow that up with a calm request that your team call mia's and give assistance when you ping and you will be met with someone telling you that you simply overextended.

The point of my rant is you are met with so much indignation because LoL is filled with hopelessly selfish gamers, who on an aggregate level are pretty stinking dumb. Even you are being selfish by causing others to get matched with you (as with 2 others you could play 3's).

Duhizy

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePonsterMenis View Post
Actually it is your fault because you are going premade with friends that are 30. In fact to be playing people who are 30, since it averages, you must be pairing with 2-3 people... skill level aside, you don't have the runes or masteries that other people have. Depending on what role you are taking (jungle as a great example) you are GREATLY handicapping your team. Basically if I got matched with you and you took anything but support I would be a bit uphappy. (FYI - this is probably why you are having trouble getting positive scores).

As for people getting mad at the things you are describing, then they are a$$es. That stuff is mechanical and can't be expected. What should be expected is the really basic things anyone of decent intelligence should understand; face checking bushes, pushing past the river without a ward, utter lack of map awareness/ ignoring teammates pings.

Let me give you an example of something that occurs with decent frequency. Around level 6 you go to counter jungling the enemies' red. You find him there and instantly chunk him. He uses and ability to escape, but you can still catch him for the kill. Your bottom lane doesn't call mia as the adc and support slip into the jungle near golems. After a brief moment you realize this and abort trying to slip out around the back of golems and pinging the whole time for your bot lane to come assist in your escape. Benefitted by line of sight, they realize no help is coming for you and use their summoners to aid in pursuit. You make it all the way back to the river and as you die, your bot lane engages in a 2v3 by chasing the low hp jungler; only to die for an 0 for 3 exchange.

As a recap, bot lane didn't call mia, ignored pings, then dove into a 2v3... Which of these things takes more than 20-30 games to figure out? Follow that up with a calm request that your team call mia's and give assistance when you ping and you will be met with someone telling you that you simply overextended.

The point of my rant is you are met with so much indignation because LoL is filled with hopelessly selfish gamers, who on an aggregate level are pretty stinking dumb. Even you are being selfish by causing others to get matched with you (as with 2 others you could play 3's).
your name , i see what you did darrr

Keliaas

01-10-2013

Having a bad game once and a while in normal\ranked is OK. Playing poorly because you don't have the knowledge on how to play is not. There are multiple practice modes and varying difficulty levels. There is NO reason to troll 9 other people because you havn't a clue for whatever reason.

BK Ambientz

01-10-2013

The community gets frustrated with people's lack of trying, or horrible performance. Not necessarily you, but a build up of constantly horrible games gets to people. You probably get unluckily vented on

doomed2death

01-10-2013

The community sucks. And chances are, over half the people flaming you aren't really that good.

It's an anonymity effect. People tend to feel more invulnerable when they're online and anonymous with no chance of retaliation so they get really aggressive. To this effect.

Varunic

01-10-2013

I understand exactly what you mean. No one is sympathetic to the occasional bad games. Everyone wants to point a finger. The community's snarky sarcasm? Unappreciated. Also, as a gay male, how often I have to see someone being called "gay" is ridiculous. It's the community that makes me not want to play the game at times. It would be more fun to play against bots 24/7 than vs some of these people.

Not to say it's everyone. Just about 3/4 or so.