Which ideas do you find interesting/cool or think would improve League of legends?

1 8 61.54%
2 6 46.15%
3 5 38.46%
4 5 38.46%
5 7 53.85%
6 5 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

League of Legends Ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkUltralisk

01-10-2013

I liked all the ideas i would really like one to be implamented by Riot in the next few patchs great job on setting them out there.

CjsOwner

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
But it already happens. You just have to hit accept again.
Yes. After knocking everybody out of that queue. Why knock everyone out of the queue instead of just knocking out the people who don't want to play just yet/afks and fill the spots?

For example, Queue bam.. One person declines boom. Client throws that person to the lobby(homescreen). While the queue is still up, boom fill the last slot. If that player accepts the Champion Selection starts. No need to throw everyone through another queue of people declining costantly for 10 minutes.

That's probably the best I can explain it :\ My guessing is you probably never played Halo & Call of Duty. Or you just never noticed.

CjsOwner

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Thanks for your feedback everyone so far and everyone in the future.. If anyone is still confused or doesn't understand what I meant feel free to ask!

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjsOwner View Post
Yes. After knocking everybody out of that queue. Why knock everyone out of the queue instead of just knocking out the people who don't want to play just yet/afks and fill the spots?

For example, Queue bam.. One person declines boom. Client throws that person to the lobby(homescreen). While the queue is still up, boom fill the last slot. If that player accepts the Champion Selection starts. No need to throw everyone through another queue of people declining costantly for 10 minutes.

That's probably the best I can explain it :\ My guessing is you probably never played Halo & Call of Duty. Or you just never noticed.
No, one person declines, it throws you back to the client in queue. You get put back into the matchmaking pool, and (entirely unlikely) if you happen to be the only 9 people there, the tenth person will immediately after queuing fill that 10th spot and pop the queue. You then accept to prove you're not AFK, and go into champion select. If you don't accept, the 9 people who did accept are put back into the matchmaking queue, and wait for a tenth before having to accept again.

You'll get the same amount of people declining (though I never see more than one or two dodges before starting, if any) whether this happens or not - you're still pulling people from the same pool.

CjsOwner

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
No, one person declines, it throws you back to the client in queue. You get put back into the matchmaking pool, and (entirely unlikely) if you happen to be the only 9 people there, the tenth person will immediately after queuing fill that 10th spot and pop the queue. You then accept to prove you're not AFK, and go into champion select. If you don't accept, the 9 people who did accept are put back into the matchmaking queue, and wait for a tenth before having to accept again.

You'll get the same amount of people declining (though I never see more than one or two dodges before starting, if any) whether this happens or not - you're still pulling people from the same pool.
Ok, I think I see what you mean now. You are saying it already does this minus staying in the same screen. I mean stay in the same queue screen,(the one with the lil accept/decline eblems) and then knock the person that decline/afk'd out.. Still staying in the accept/decline screen. Fill the unfilled spots have the people that just joined accept/decline. Repeat the process till everyone is in Champion Select. It gets annoying being thrown in to queue for 10 mins because it blocks your screen unless you have a dual monitor.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjsOwner View Post
Ok, I think I see what you mean now. You are saying it already does this minus staying in the same screen. I mean stay in the same queue screen,(the one with the lil accept/decline eblems) and then knock the person that decline/afk'd out.. Still staying in the accept/decline screen. Fill the unfilled spots have the people that just joined accept/decline. Repeat the process till everyone is in Champion Select. It gets annoying being thrown in to queue for 10 mins because it blocks your screen unless you have a dual monitor.
You know you don't have to keep the screen on top, right? Unless you alt-tab the second your queue pops, it'll automatically bring itself to the front.

That said, being able to hit accept and then go AFK presents the problems that the accept button is there to stop.

Boagster

01-10-2013

CjsOwner, what I was saying about #2 is that I believe it already keeps you paired up with the other people, like you want it to. The only difference between this and, say, a CoD lobby, is that you still see yourself connected with other people, and here you don't.

The reason I say this is that when you first join the queue, you wait for some amount of time, usually 40s to 2m, before it finds a match for you. If someone declines, in most cases you won't wait another 40s-2m, you wait a mere few seconds before it matches you again. This would suggest that it remembers who you were matched with and just tries to fill the gap.

CjsOwner

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Yes, I realized that now. But it is VERY annoying whenever the accept/decline button pops up constantly and makes your computer unresponsive each time. Instead of spamming it, they should just leave it open for another person to join the group. Then each person that clicks accept doesn't have to keep pressing accept each queue.

adc

Master Recruiter

01-10-2013

Unresponsive? I don't know how old your machine is if League popping up makes it unresponsive...

CjsOwner

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Not my computer as a whole.. i just meant like the client