Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Katarina tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belrick

01-11-2013

Katerina tips.

Step 1. Mash the keyboard randomly when within range of enemy champs.
Step 2. Collect gold from kills and reset CD timers
Step 3. Repeat step 1.

BigWenus

01-11-2013

http://www.youtube.com/user/ballubber
This is a pro kat player, has many katarina games. Just for you to observe/analyze.
+2200 elo

Fiora All Night

01-11-2013

Kat really shouldn't be building spellvamp anymore since everything but Shunpo is AoE and gives very little health back. It can work towards end game if your overall damage output is high enough, but you're pretty much always better off going for actual damage scaling. Tankarina isn't my favorite build since the only thing Kat contributes to the team is damage; a little survivability is good but going for tanky isn't really helping your team.

As for Rylai's...well I agree with Tiensi that you shouldn't get it. Kat doesn't need a slow since she's supposed to burst her enemies before they even get a chance to run. Back when most of her damage was her ult, yes, you could really use a slow (and even then Gunblade was better due to AD scaling on Bouncing Blade). But now? Don't bother with a slow. Her ult is only 2 seconds at max and you shouldn't be using it if they weren't almost dead anyway.

The nice thing is that your build options are pretty decent. You can go Sorc Shoes/Guise/Abyssal for mpen (I'd sell Guise for Void Staff later, but that's mostly because I'm not too fond of Liandry's on Kat). You can rush a DFG or Deathcap if they have low mres and don't even buy a null mantle. Later on you have Zhonya's and Guardian Angel for survivability, or you can get them earlier if needed.

Heck, if you're in ARAM or something and want to relive some of the fun of pre-rework Kat you can even go with an AD/hybrid build. I wouldn't suggest it for a serious game but it isn't a complete troll build due to the good AD scaling on Sinister Steel and the psychotically high ratio on Death Lotus. Just one Bloodthirster at full stacks and give Kat over 300 damage added to her ult. Get a Deathcap and a Bloodthirster and then whatever you want.

Fate000

01-11-2013

Thanks for the great tips! And the stream too, seems interesting.

ElvenAura

01-11-2013

Frankly your Katarina build isn't the best because Katarina does not scale too well with AP. Note that the build revovles around magic penetration as it is much better for her as it means that she deals true damage.
MY build is:
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise
Void Staff
Abyssal/Zhonya's (Situational)
Guardian Angel
Abyssal/Zhonya's

Fate000

01-11-2013

Quote:
ElvenAura:
Frankly your Katarina build isn't the best because Katarina does not scale too well with AP. Note that the build revovles around magic penetration as it is much better for her as it means that she deals true damage.
MY build is:
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise
Void Staff
Abyssal/Zhonya's (Situational)
Guardian Angel
Abyssal/Zhonya's

I disagree with your claim that Katarina does not scale well with AP. Her total AP Ratios add up to 3.0, fairly high (granted, 1.75 of that is your ult).
I have made the following upgraded build (start Flask + Pots + 2 Wards, always have a ward on you to wardhop in a pinch):
>Sorcerer's Boots - Alacrity
>Haunting guide
>Rabadon's Deathcap
>Deathfire Grasp
>Guardian Angel
>Abyssal / Zhonya's
>Sell Haunting Guise, buy Void Staff.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-11-2013

The amount of AP you build versus Magic Penetration has to depend on how much Magic Resistance the enemy is building at least a little.

I'd rather do 80% of 1000 damage than true damage of 750 damage.

Nakawaka

01-12-2013

Quote:
3. hextech gunblade -- this thing is the scourge of my existence bro. literally all the kat's i've seen rush this or the revolver, but there's no actual reason to. the sustain in lane isn't necessary, as you'll have some form of pots somewhere, and the AD of the gunblade, plus it's active, again negates the strengths of her AP inclined kit.

sure, the extra aa damage is nice, but that's not really what you'll be doing a lot anyway when the passive refreshes everything. after all, this is the source of power for her kit; the passive refreshing your abilities means you'll be consistently dishing out more ap-inclined damage, and so you should gear your build towards that, and not ad in anyway.

the gunblade also provides no resistances or health, which is a negative when you're the loudest spinning target in the universe.

Gunblade goes on characters who sustain on both ends of the spectrum or can afford to be hybrid ad/ap.

Methredhele

01-12-2013

I recommend this.
>Liandry
>Sorc shoes
>Rabadon
>Void staff
>Deathfire
>Zhonya
I use this often and it serves me well, although it may not work for others. This is simply my personal preference. I don't buy tanky items though, I find enough of that is covered with my runes. I get about 2k damage endgame with my ulti.

I Love Slurpees

01-12-2013

Try out Morellonomicon on her, 20% cdr and a non ult dependent healing reduction is nice.