Pickpocket mastery: skip or?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptaynePetras

01-14-2013

pretty godly on nidalee support, poke..then press R then get 5g instead of 3g =D

Boagster

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirin View Post
w/e...just take some time to think why i said what i said...
I understand why you said it. Me disagreeing with doesn't mean I don't. I understand that Sona is one of the best harassing champions and that she should be auto-attacking during that harass. But she is not the only one. As Taric, while zoning, I often need to stun someone to get the point across that I don't want them near. If I'm already stunning them, why not add in an auto-attack for harass? Pickpocket compounds this by giving me gold for doing something I should already be doing. It rewards a melee champion even more for taking the risk to do compared to the often relative safety of a ranged champ.

I am already going at least 14 points deep in the support tree to get me valuable GP/10 and starting gold for wards, and six points more to get an extra ward, potion and +6% CDR is by no means amiss, so why not spend that point to increase my gold? Sure, the defense tree may seem to provide more benefit, but this game rewards early game advantage, and wards provide that in ways that the defensive tree cannot.

Gryphon 1991

01-14-2013

I use it as part of my AP build in general, carries and supports. It's not so much that pickpocket itself gives a great deal of gold, but I just can't find anywhere where that one point is more efficient. You can sneak in an autoattack along with any slow/stun ability, and with some characters like Lux whose passive encourages autoattacking, you might as well make a little extra money doing it.

Boagster

01-14-2013

That's fine reasoning, Gryphon 1991, but on a full AP build, why are you going so deep into support? I can justify a 13/0/17 on a few APCs (Orianna being the first that comes to mind - Spellblade / Pickpocket combined with her passive), but on most, a 21/0/9 would probably be best.

I'm not berating you, I'm genuinely curious as to your reason. "Persuade me," if you will.

roskosp33

01-14-2013

I see more adc's using this mastery then support. The gold gets them items faster which gives them the lane advantage.

Personally, I don't care for this mastery on my support characters. As long as I rush a philo and sight stone, my gold is fine all game. I can buy pink wards every time I go back without falling behind on my build.

I prefer using tanker masteries for early survivability and to peel/save my ADC. I don't know how people play a near full utility build, especially on melee champs! From my experience playing support it seems the longer I can stay alive, then the longer I can keep my ADC alive.