Pickpocket mastery: skip or?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

01-10-2013

Use it on Kayle.

Wiltsee

01-10-2013

it's always a good idea, i think it's just hard to notice. as a support, a little more gold is always fantastic.

MicKretz

01-10-2013

ya i agree with others....spend the point on free gold where u get 5 gold for 1 hit or spend it on a stat that will do nothing in terms of gold. ur not getting CS or Kill gold just ASSIST gold...that one stat point will not matter when it comes to ASSISTS, you will STILL get the assist without that stat point, so take some free EXTRA gold while ur knocking down the champs w8ing for ur ASSIST GOLD from ur ADC

Durentis

01-10-2013

Pickpocket is great.. I use it with Ashe. Good synergy with her other gold gaining methods and helps ensure that she's ready to melt the opposition when the time comes.

TheHawtPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Cmon support nidaleee

Pobbes

01-10-2013

Even with Sona I don't bother with pickpocket. I don't think it makes enough of a difference in the game. I bet it would be awesome on proving grounds or something, but the gold generation is only reliable during the lane phase which usually only covers about ten minutes of actual game time. After that, the gold generation just isn't reliable enough to be worth the mastery point. I'd rather have the starting ward or bonus xp, which is worth alot more than about a hundred gold towards the late game.

Elefes

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durentis View Post
Pickpocket is great.. I use it with Ashe. Good synergy with her other gold gaining methods and helps ensure that she's ready to melt the opposition when the time comes.
omg............... 13/0/17 ashe thats "interesting"

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

3g per autoattack is alot if u are being an active support and harrassing the enemy adc every time he tries to take a cs. if u are sitting in the bush and doing nothing most of the game, then dont bother, but then again why are u even playing. i would guess i get an aa off once every 5-10 seconds, so definately worth it imo. on a melee support probably not since its not so easy to walk up and smack your enemy unless he disconects or something.

Durentis

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefes View Post
omg............... 13/0/17 ashe thats "interesting"
Why stop at 17? 9/0/21 Ashe with 9xGP10 Seals, ftw.

Gold earned early is far more valuable than gold earned later. Over the course of a 40-60m game, it gives a sizeable compounding edge. Ashe shouldn't be going for kills early.. just earning gold and poking at whoever she's laning with. And don't forget you get the biscuit and ward +50 gold for free as well - a good start by any measure.

Not to say that 21/m/n isn't good for Ashe.. probably is very good and quite possibly better. (There is certainly "gold value equivalence" in the O/D trees.

But the self-feeding utility approach has great synergy with Ashe (and my careful zoning/small gains play style) and Pickpocket is quite rewarding.

Has been working very well for me and I'm still only L20 often matching up against L30s.

ymmv.. /shrug

deirin

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I disagree, deirin. As I said before, playing as Taric, I can usually recover the gold of at least one vision ward. What else should I be spending that point on?

w/e...just take some time to think why i said what i said...