Pickpocket mastery: skip or?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elefes

01-10-2013

HI

I always have this mastery picked when I play support, but I can't really tell whether it helps or not.
I am really inclined to pick tanky masteries instead of having 21 (17?) points in Utility. What do you guys think?

LogicalTautology

01-10-2013

Go 0/13/17 (with Block and Pickpocket) on ranged Supports that use AAs to harrass: Janna, Sona, Nami, etc.
Go with 1/13/16 (with Block and Improved Exhaust) on melee Supports that will not be harassing often with AAs: Ali, Blitz, Taric, Leona, etc

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Do not forgo the pickpocket if you are Sona. Constantly poking nets you a large ammount of gold gen while allowing your adc to focus on minions instead of whittling down the enemy.

Elefes

01-10-2013

But how much gold can it generate potentially if i poke quite a bit? Any links maybe?

Boagster

01-10-2013

I run it on my main support, Taric, and feel I get at least one free pink ward out of it a game. That's only 25 hits. You may have more luck with it with a ranged support over a melee support, but I feel the two additional gold melees get from it would balance out overall.

I would note that I don't just use it on supports. If I go Orianna and end up with a tough lane opponent, I'll switch my masteries from 21/0/9 to 13/0/17 to keep Spellblade but increase my gold output with Greed and Pickpocket. Spellblade and Pickpocket have good synergy on AP champs.

deirin

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefes View Post
HI

I always have this mastery picked when I play support, but I can't really tell whether it helps or not.
I am really inclined to pick tanky masteries instead of having 21 (17?) points in Utility. What do you guys think?
unless u play as sona its not worth it

McFace

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirin View Post
unless u play as sona its not worth it
I like it on Lulu as well.

deirin

01-10-2013

maybe lulu too...shes a bit tricky with skillshot though..i kinda dislike her for that reason even though her skillshot deal tons of dmg

Boagster

01-10-2013

I disagree, deirin. As I said before, playing as Taric, I can usually recover the gold of at least one vision ward. What else should I be spending that point on?

toodrunk2flux

01-10-2013

Pickpocket has seemed great to me on all supports with a ranged autoattack and all melee supports that do even minor harass. Out of my roster of supports I play often, I've used it on Taric, Janna, Sona, Soraka, Nami, Nidalee and Nunu and don't use it on Blitz or Ali.