Ranked AFK/Leavers/Feeders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingKable

01-10-2013

I don't really want to type out a huge big message or anything so ill keep it short and sweet. I understand you can report people for being afk and what not, but that still doenst change the fact that if you lose a ranked game because of a feeder, an afk or what have you that YOU still lose the points. Because ONE person on your team decides to troll and screw everything up. That is NOT fair that I still lose MY rating points. Something needs to be done about this.
It takes the fun out of playing games and makes it near impossible to build up your ELO when you have game after game of 4v5.
What do you say LOL community?

LogicalTautology

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKable View Post
I don't really want to type out a huge big message or anything so ill keep it short and sweet. I understand you can report people for being afk and what not, but that still doenst change the fact that if you lose a ranked game because of a feeder, an afk or what have you that YOU still lose the points. Because ONE person on your team decides to troll and screw everything up. That is NOT fair that I still lose MY rating points. Something needs to be done about this.
It takes the fun out of playing games and makes it near impossible to build up your ELO when you have game after game of 4v5.
What do you say LOL community?
We (that is to say, the intelligent and rational among us, with some understanding of statistics) say that the presence of leavers and afks in Ranked actually means your Elo will be higher than it would be without them, unless one of two things is true:
1) You leave or afk at least as often as average
2) You are so unbearable to play with that you make people leave or afk more often than they otherwise would

There are many things that suck about leavers in LoL. Them bringing down your Elo is not one of them.

Ericxz

02-24-2013

Deal with it.