Farming wins. Lol.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerostalgic

01-10-2013

I've been playing League ssince early september and even from the beggining i've been doing bots (intermediate if it even matters). I didn't really even start doing normal games until like level 28/27. Because of this im level 30 with only 101 wins compared to my other freinds whom have 300+ wins. Anyway because of this everyone in custom or people whom look at my wins automatically assume i have 300 + looses. At this point i refused to play ranked until i get around 700 wins, which might be extreme but id rather not loose elo because i was unexperienced because i was mainly doing bot and custom games.

Any tips on securing my wins ?

Also, how does one "carry" as a support?

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

You carry as support by supporting really well. If you can get your carry fed, your team will win. If you can ward aggressively and give your entire team an advantage, you will win. If you itemize well and spend your money on things like Oracles to kill enemy wards, you can help your team win.

Its even easier now that they made support get more gold.

iDRAGERi

01-10-2013

I cant think of too many supports that can actually carry, but I love "Lux". A good lux support can carry per say. Honestly if youre adc is bad and is derpy, than you really cant do much.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Unless your ad carry is absolute trash (the ones that just run straight into the enemy) You can often carry with support.

There are many different types of support that can be used for carrying though, Leona Blitz and Alistar are all famous for their cc and strong lane control, in the right hands these champions are really good at beating the lane. On the other hand, support such as Lulu, Sona and Janna offer more utility, and also can win games.

doggeris789

01-10-2013

fuk tat just pick taric build your normal support build and then just stick an IE rate in the middle of that out of randomness and go smack there adc, take down turrets ect

Pikeness

01-10-2013

Lux all the way...seriously. If I play support and I do not trust my ADC I just go AP Masteries and Lux. The only items support wise I really get are Sightstone and Shury. Otherwise, I go Morello's/Cap/Iodian Boots/Sightstone/Shury and what ever else AP item to fill in. Her shield saves overextending team-mates, her bind is great for initiating and saving team-mates, her E does nice damage and slows which is also good to help save team-mates...Oh, and her ult at 25sec CD at lvl 3 is a force to reckon with.

corallein

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerostalgic View Post
Because of this im level 30 with only 101 wins compared to my other freinds whom have 300+ wins. Anyway because of this everyone in custom or people whom look at my wins automatically assume i have 300 + looses.
What in the world...? Why would anyone assume that?

Quote:
Also, how does one "carry" as a support?
In general, it involves properly warding and making proper calls (objectives, targets, retreats, etc). Supports and junglers are the two roles that generally have more time to view the big picture and make calls based on that. There's also properly harassing (or not if you would lose out in the trade), protecting your carry, and initiating or following up on advantageous engages during laning.

Almost every support has a way of doing those, though the specific methods involved vary for each (eg. Alistar's Pulverize and Headbutt, Blitz's Rocket Grab and Power Fist, Janna's Zephyr slow and Howling Gale).

When you get to big teamfights, how each support carries then varies depending on their skill set. Supports like Leona and Sona critically rely on landing their ults perfectly; Blitzcrank needs to land good Rocket Grabs (ie. not that tanky Amumu) and force free kills or advantageous team fights for your team; Janna and Alistar want to disrupt the enemy team as much as possible with their knockups and knockbacks.