So moscow 5 have disbanded..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwaggCentral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Any thoughts guys? I believe it's because ddd1ms got arrested for 'cyber crimes' they hope they can become a team again soon, once ddd1ms can fund them again.

Quite sad, they were one of the best teams out there.

Disillusion

01-10-2013

Azubu will pick them up probably...

Or hey, even CLG. CLG.ru.

Now that would be weird.

Cyraknoss

01-10-2013

From the post I read the team didn't disband, just stopped having to include "M5" in their name since they haven't been receiving sponsorship money for months.

slifer556

01-10-2013

Is BENQ still sponsoring them ?

Apollinarius

01-11-2013

Only the M5 sponsor is gone. The players are still together (as far as we know) and technically they don't need a sponsor anyway because they're already in the Championship series so they will be getting paid from that (and their other sponsors are still valid).

One of the reasons why they officially changed their names from M5 to M5 BenQ was because M5 was a sponsor in name only in the second half of the year. The M5 organization wasn't funding them and all their funding was coming from BenQ.

I expect they will become just BenQ, or some other name with BenQ in it, like "Gamers BenQ".

A similar situation happened to CLG.eu, where they left the CLG organization but are still a team with the same players (sponsored by Razer and others) so now their team is unofficially "Fries.eu" until they change it to an official name or just make it officia.

Apollinarius

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusion View Post
Azubu will pick them up probably...

Or hey, even CLG. CLG.ru.

Now that would be weird.
That would be hilarious, especially as CLG.eu left CLG.

CLG might want to get a good European team tied to their name just so that seeing CLG in a tournament ladder isn't such a joke