Ok so why was I banned..?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalyth

01-10-2013

this isn't ban worthy, i would hit pardon. dont know how there was a majority "punish" AND riot riot agreed.

Dyzra

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
Having a bad game is not negativity. It is a bad game. Any comment, action, offering up for surrender is being negative about the game and could be punished if we were to go strictly by the word of the tribunal.

Stop making things up, and quoting your "study" as evidence as to why the tribunal is flawed. Learn a thing or two about statistics and you will see that the system itself is pretty straight forward and accurate.
How is having a bad game not negative. You directly influenced your other teammates because you died several times giving the enemy gold. So, in another waords, surrender in a game under the surrender option should be punished. Clicking yes to surrender you gave up hope that is negative. What exactly am I making up. Can you show me any data about the tribunal. No you cannot because Riot will never realease the data. Think you should look in a mirror when saying that statement. And I will repeat it once more the tribunal is made up of vague rules in which the people decide how to mold them into their own judgements.

OwnageStrategys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
Having a bad game is not negativity. It is a bad game. Any comment, action, offering up for surrender is being negative about the game and could be punished if we were to go strictly by the word of the tribunal.

Stop making things up, and quoting your "study" as evidence as to why the tribunal is flawed. Learn a thing or two about statistics and you will see that the system itself is pretty straight forward and accurate.
No system in the world isn't flawed.
To be frank the tribunal allows people that play video games to decide the fates of people that play this game without being silent all game.

In before massive down votes but I feel as if the tribunal should be torn apart and reconstructed into a mute system and a ban system

PenguinKillBear

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzra View Post
How is having a bad game not negative. You directly influenced your other teammates because you died several times giving the enemy gold. So, in another waords, surrender in a game under the surrender option should be punished. Clicking yes to surrender you gave up hope that is negative. What exactly am I making up. Can you show me any data about the tribunal. No you cannot because Riot will never realease the data. Think you should look in a mirror when saying that statement. And I will repeat it once more the tribunal is made up of vague rules in which the people decide how to mold them into their own judgements.
You have no data either. Your study shows nothing except that if you troll a bunch you get sent to the tribunal. You have not seen their statistics or their algorithm .So stop spewing bs about the system.

Having a bad game is not acting with negativity. I can be super positive while having a bad game. I cannot be super negative while being positive. See the difference here? Being negative is making a choice. Having a bad game is just that.

The rules are vague for the specific reason of giving the community the ability to decide what is acceptable and what isnt. If you have a problem with that than you should use the tribunal and vote what you believe. That is the point. Again, lets not forget that Riot has said they would be much stricter if they were to handle these things.

So, in the end I am not sure what you want. It seems like you want the tribunal to be less strict, and that you want to get rid of the tribunal. Doing so would cause Riot to take over, who would be more strict. You should make up your mind.

KUBlueBarracuda

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzra View Post
Having a bad game is not negative in the respect it can get you punished. Yes, I agree it sucks but we are talking about negative experiences that ruin the player's experience that are against the summoner's code.

I don't see what is so vague about the Summoner's code? Play poorly unintentionally, that's ok. Everyone has bad games. You shouldn't be punished for that.

Insult others, intentionally feed, don't communicate, be rude - those are not Ok. You should be punished because you are intentionally ruining the experience.

PenguinKillBear

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnageStrategys View Post
No system in the world isn't flawed.
To be frank the tribunal allows people that play video games to decide the fates of people that play this game without being silent all game.

In before massive down votes but I feel as if the tribunal should be torn apart and reconstructed into a mute system and a ban system
I think thats a terrible idea. If someone wants to rage, but they cant talk to you they will find other ways to grief you in game. Feeding, following you around, harassing you in game.

Derpshot

01-10-2013

Tribunals dumb dont try to find any logic, its ruled by sensitive little girls, i'm sorry you ended up in there..

OwnageStrategys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
I think thats a terrible idea. If someone wants to rage, but they cant talk to you they will find other ways to grief you in game. Feeding, following you around, harassing you in game.
Based off OPs tribunal report, he was just upset. He didn't appear to intend to have "revenge" as your basically saying

Dyzra

01-10-2013

Quote:
You have no data either. Your study shows nothing except that if you troll a bunch you get sent to the tribunal. You have not seen their statistics or their algorithm .So stop spewing bs about the system.

Having a bad game is not acting with negativity. I can be super positive while having a bad game. I cannot be super negative while being positive. See the difference here? Being negative is making a choice. Having a bad game is just that.

The rules are vague for the specific reason of giving the community the ability to decide what is acceptable and what isnt. If you have a problem with that than you should use the tribunal and vote what you believe. That is the point. Again, lets not forget that Riot has said they would be much stricter if they were to handle these things.

So, in the end I am not sure what you want. It seems like you want the tribunal to be less strict, and that you want to get rid of the tribunal. Doing so would cause Riot to take over, who would be more strict. You should make up your mind.
Sigh you are just so one-sided and completely focused on your fail points to see the picture. Let me try to explain it again. The tribunal codes are too vague allowing for individuals to pass judgment as they believe.

In the case of a bad game yes you are a negative factor believe it or not. Being super positive such as saying im sorry for feeding is not going to take the negaitivity away from your playing and feeding the enemy. You seem to think that negativity is only in the form of saying something which it is not. Actions can be negative too and you will never see them in the tribunal because of no replays.

The rules are vague and this leads to people making their OWN decisions on what they think the rule should be. Again this is why the tribunal is flawed. BIASED DECISIONS. Can I be any more clear.

Again Riot can be harsher on their punishments because they have all the damn information available to them. All the games the person was reported in all pre, game, and post chats replays etc. You started to see the picture now. All the information available to them. Do I need to repeat it.

I have and always will be against the tribunal, which is one point I have not brought up this entire time posting. Yes it is Riot's game they should handle it themselves.

Trydan

01-10-2013

The Tribunal needs to be shown who reported, how many people that person has reported in the past month, and how many of those cases were actually legitimate/be able to see a log of everything that person reported. There also needs to be a function for the tribunal to punish others in the chat log, since a LOT of these cases are a result of someone getting harassed with much worse language than they are using themselves.