Nerf Amumu ap scaling or buff Leona's ap scaling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MJester

01-10-2013

Amumu is seriously one of the most over powered characters in the game. For a tank to be able to put out that much damage is insane. He scales for 70% on bandage toss, 1% +100 ap on despair, 50% on tantrum, and 80% for his ult. For a tank that is insane.

And if he is that strong why is Leona getting the short end of the stick?

Her ap scaling is sad. 30% for shield of daybreak, 40% for eclipse, another 40% for zenith blade, and 80% for her ult. Do you see the comparison on the 2 "Tanks"?

It is just crazy that Amumu can put out so much damage and have so much health. I honestly think that they should nerf Amumu to be equal to Leona or buff Leona to be equal to Amumu.

I play 3s right now and I would love to use Leona more but she just doesn't put out the same damage as Amumu and it is not fair that this is the case. So I do honestly hope that Riot considers makes some changes to make these 2 Tank character equal in tankiness or equal in damage.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Because Leona gets stuns and Amumu gets one stun and a snare?

Vencu

01-10-2013

Leona gets a stun on Q, a snare on E, a ranged stun/slow on ult and increased armor/mr on W

meanwhile amumu gets no innate tankyness and all his abilities (minus bandage toss) require him to be in (relatively)close proximity

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-10-2013

no

AsheruWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

The issue isn't Leona's AP scaling. Yes its bad but as someone who normally mains Leona its the fact that her passive is the only passive in the game who dose nothing for the champ. Leona is completely a non threat to the other team due to the fact she buffs her team mates damage with Sunlight making it better to attack her team mates and leave her be rather than having the team focus on her as the threat. This is talked about in the other Leona threads. Check it out there are some rather nice suggestions in the post but for now I just sit and play my favorite champ waiting for the day that some reworking of her will be done.

PS. Buffing her AP ratios still will not help her dmg enough to make her the target of choice until a change comes that makes Sunlight less of a threat and her more of the danger.

Tweaky69

01-10-2013

@AsheruWolf I like this, people go "Oh leona does **** damage, lets ignore her", and i'm like lol, ok ill just run around stunning everyone and adding an extra hundred damage to their attacks

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsheruWolf View Post
The issue isn't Leona's AP scaling. Yes its bad but as someone who normally mains Leona its the fact that her passive is the only passive in the game who dose nothing for the champ. Leona is completely a non threat to the other team due to the fact she buffs her team mates damage with Sunlight making it better to attack her team mates and leave her be rather than having the team focus on her as the threat. This is talked about in the other Leona threads. Check it out there are some rather nice suggestions in the post but for now I just sit and play my favorite champ waiting for the day that some reworking of her will be done.
Ths is half truth, nobody is actually stopping you from teamfighting at level 1. Pros do it all day long

GurkenMAN

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJester View Post
Amumu is seriously one of the most over powered characters in the game. For a tank to be able to put out that much damage is insane. He scales for 70% on bandage toss, 1% +100 ap on despair, 50% on tantrum, and 80% for his ult. For a tank that is insane.

And if he is that strong why is Leona getting the short end of the stick?

Her ap scaling is sad. 30% for shield of daybreak, 40% for eclipse, another 40% for zenith blade, and 80% for her ult. Do you see the comparison on the 2 "Tanks"?

It is just crazy that Amumu can put out so much damage and have so much health. I honestly think that they should nerf Amumu to be equal to Leona or buff Leona to be equal to Amumu.

I play 3s right now and I would love to use Leona more but she just doesn't put out the same damage as Amumu and it is not fair that this is the case. So I do honestly hope that Riot considers makes some changes to make these 2 Tank character equal in tankiness or equal in damage.
So the game is balanced around mumu and leona? Dude rly...
The AP-ratios arent the problem. I always cry if ppl build mumu mainly AP, not tanky!

btw: Amumu is getting nerfed (probably) and most probable on his ult which takes away a huge amount of his power. I agree hes really strong, maybe even "OP", but this power doesnt come from his AP-ratios.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenMAN View Post
So the game is balanced around mumu and leona? Dude rly...
red pill... or blue pill...

Peligrad

01-10-2013

Comparing Leona and Amumu is silly.

That said, Amumu is crazy OP.

It's his bandage toss range that I find most obnoxious.

But the fact that he has crazy initiate range on the toss, plus 3/4th AoE skills, plus shreds MR, plus a huge AoE disable, and deals a massive amount of damage...that's just silly.

The incoming nerf to his ult is a start...but he's still going to be perma-banned because its is nowhere near enough.