The Replacement Queue: Yet Another Anti-Leaver Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pseudofate

10-19-2010

We all know the bane of LoL currently are Leavers. Leavers ruin games all the time by making the match completely unbalanced. Yes it's possible to win a 4v5, but your entire team must be on point and have superior composition.

I have thought of many possible solutions to the leaver problem over time as have many others. So far, and no offense, but Riot appears to be dragging its feet when it comes to this very important issue. Opting to hire more personnel to the "Report Squad" rather than implement ANY form of anti-leaver system. I would have to think that programming any sort of system would not only alleviate the problem to some degree, but also reduce overhead. Regardless of whether or not these hirings have begun, the problem still exists and unfortunetly ruins, at a minimum, 50% of games played.

My latest idea is pro-active rather than reactive. Up to now, most of the threads and ideas about how to deal with Leavers can be reduced to one word, "Punishment" and deservedly so. As aforementioned, Leavers ruin this game.

Picture this; You've joined the queue, reluctantly most likely, but ....... you........just.......have........to ............play. But instead of joining a fresh match with 10 others, a dialog pops up and states the following.

League of Legends has detected an imbalanced game in progress. Would you like to even the odds? (dramatic copy points to instill enthusiasm). Along with this message, the following information appears.

Hero Leaver Was Using
K/D/A
Items
Gold
Time Left
Current Time

I envision the queue detecting such a game only moments after someone leaves, maybe 3mins at most, for the poor *******s with bad internet. Stop living in Rwanda.

If you, being such a benevolent and selfless individual.............(uncontrollable laughter).......................(all done)....................wish to take this spot it would then lock out the leaver from re-entering and ban that leaver from playing any news games until the one he left has concluded. People using the replacement queue (we'll call them Angels from here on in) would also be entitled to receive commendations, or simply, the opposite of a Leaver mark. A little something that says "Hey world! I'm a great person!"

I understand however this will not stop other problems and may even create a new one.

It won't stop Idlers. People who disappear but miraculously manage to move ever so slightly in spawn every 5 minutes. However, with Leavers now being taken care of through this new system, it allows Riot Staff to focus efforts and managing reports about Idlers tenfold.

Unfortunetly, as a corollary, I can see how this system may actually promote more leaves. Some people will see it as an opportunity to just feed and leave, or just give up more readily since they think to themselves "Meh, someone will take my place"

Inherently, people on the internet are ****s. For some reason, LoL has per capita, the WORST people I've ever seen interacting on an online game. Hell, I've been in Source servers that spammed the N-word that were friendlier than some of the LoL matches I've played. Could this idea work? Maybe. Would it ever be implemented? Probably not. But in all honesty, Riot NEEDS to do something about the problem sooner rather than later aside from a mass staffing upgrade, or possibly DOTA2's "Mentor" system will devour it. But I doubt it due to other glaring shortfalls its bound to have. Plus we have no proof that such a system will work out any better.

In the end, Leavers must be eliminated in order to procure more positive gaming environment.

Thanks for reading, and if you didn't bother.........

TL;DR: quit being lazy and read the frigging post jackass

Gotcha!

P.S If you say "Cool story bro" you have a tiny *****.

Pseudofate

10-19-2010

bump because server crash panic dropped this to page 3 without a single look. =/

salamando

10-19-2010

Unless people using this leaver queue got massive, massive bonuses, I can't see anyone wanting to actually use it. Who wants to join a game using a champion they didn't select...items they didn't select...summoner spells they didn't select...with a team who, due to being a man down, is behind in the game? I mean, most of the time I see someone leave, it's because the other team has taken such a massive lead and/or they were just getting crushed. Not exactly the type of game I would want to join.

DrTwister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

This has been suggested multiple times before. It needs to be worked on and balanced, but I've always felt is a viable option. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who don't think it would work. But, my opinion, try it and see, then if it doesn't work, remove it.

Dewdrops

10-19-2010

This is a good idea, and I, for one, wouldn't mind joining a game already in progress to help out. I think there are actually quite a few that would. All those that play the all random practice games....this could work. One thing I would suggest though is that only those who OWN the character that is in play get the message with the opportunity to enter that game. At least then there would be a fighting chance the person could actually play that character...a little

Cineo

10-19-2010

Devils Advocate: what happens when you crash and legitimately want to get back into your game?

Pseudofate

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamando View Post
Unless people using this leaver queue got massive, massive bonuses, I can't see anyone wanting to actually use it. Who wants to join a game using a champion they didn't select...items they didn't select...summoner spells they didn't select...with a team who, due to being a man down, is behind in the game? I mean, most of the time I see someone leave, it's because the other team has taken such a massive lead and/or they were just getting crushed. Not exactly the type of game I would want to join.
I could see having IP bonus attached to this.

Quote:
Devils Advocate: what happens when you crash and legitimately want to get back into your game?
3-5 mins I think is adequate time, pending some massive blue screen problem. Otherwise unfortunetly just chalk it up to triage.