Kanae, the Northern Fury

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShikiMaejima

01-09-2013

Kanae, The Northern Fury

I was wanting a character of the Tribe of the Ice Dervish for a while so I guess you may be making Lissandra right now. Buuuuut I wanna see if you will accept this character. :3
__

***Lore***
Born within the Ice Dervish tribe, she knew nothing except yearning to destroy Noxus for killing her beloved as the Northern Barbarian Pacification Campaign was dispatched. Given the speed of the northern winds and the anger of the blizzards of Freljord, she bids her time before she can release an icy hell upon her foes.

Before her anger was ever taken into account to herself and her tribe, she had lived a peaceful life within the boundaries of her territory but there was a difference from her and everyone else; Kanae had a terrible temper that caused her tribe problems in dealing with the constant storms that she had caused so they had to push her out of their towns and into a secluded house at a far away valley. One day, a very curious barbarian wandered into her area, quickly angering her as she thought it were those who had imprisoned her. As she found out who it was, she was surprised as he had released her from her bindings. Kanae was interested in his tribalmen's culture but more likely was interested in him. For three months, they wandered around Freljord to explore and search for a place for themselves.

The two were happy with each other, even thinking of marrage but the dream was cut short. Noxians came during the Northern Barbarian Pacification Campaign, slaughtering the towns that lay before them and were traveling towards her lover's tribe territory. With knowing this, her lover wanted Kanae to go there, to warn of the incoming army. Doing this, Kanae came back, finding him dead as they carried his body back to her because he was killed 3 days before Katarina came to give the command to the campaign to stand down. A week had passed after her lover's funeral but she was truly angered to the point of no return, mourning without sleep. She came to the neighboring Noxian camp and obliterated it, tears running down her face. The barbarians were impressed with her, especially Tryndamere, when he found out about her powers. After talking with him, Kanae was told not to kill anymore of them. Before she could pierce him with an ice shard, he told her to join the League of Legends, to vanquish her Noxian nemesises. And so she did but she promised one day she will grow tired of these games and she will go to Noxus and bury it in its own icy grave.

"Snow, ice and the freezing cold... It reminds me too much of him but it will also remind Noxians who they are to deal with from now on." - Kanae
___

***Stats***
I suppose you can count her as semi squishy? I imagine her doing solo top, possible mid laner. I'm not much of a stats person, to be honest. I'm up for any ideas. She's ap oriented, or that's how I want her to be.

***Skills***
[Passive] Hail Reigns: As she attacks, a buff appears, giving her a certain amount of a CD for a skill when used. Percentage per stack - 1%. It can be stacked to 10.

[Q] Frost Shard: Ice crack follows target until it hits, creating an upwards ice shard into the enemy.

[W] Mirror Ice: Kanae causes an ice shard to appear in a chosen area and may teleport to it if she wants to*There's a range for the teleport*. Causes slow when an enemy walks past it and 2-3 may be placed at a time. Other players may teleport to it with the summoner spell as it's not like Thresh's lantern.

[E] Hypothermia: She selects a specific area to become extremely cold. When an enemy enters through the selected area, its attack speed is lowered and its magic defense decreases over time.*somewhat weak, just so it doesn't become out of hand*
Certain spin to it as I find it a bit like Anivia's ult - She casts a spell on an enemy champion, causing its attack speed to be lowers and its magic defense to decrease over time. Has a low cooldown and may stack to 7, 2% each.

[R] Catalyst: Kanae targets an enemy and it becomes in-cased in ice. As it occurs, ice spikes begin to fly from the target, causing surrounding enemies to be damaged. The target is not harmed, may squirm in the shell and may cause it to break from the inside after 5 hits. 9 hits is maxed at its final stage. The damage is somewhat increased by the stacks of her passive.

***Looks in mind***
I wanted her to have a kimono, which kinda makes sense if she still went with her name. And if so, I was thinking her to have black hair and a white kimono with a cool looking sashbelt, like this one http://sukidakara.files.wordpress.co...uki-onna-1.jpg
But if that seems plain, I think this would look cool too: http://sonohara.donmai.us/data/sampl...5e9d7d2e77.jpg <If it doesn't work, copy and paste it. Or enter it again.

Possible skins: She can be used to make any references like these three:
http://sukidakara.files.wordpress.co...uki-onna-2.jpg <Yuki-Onna
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.46153...01630&pid=15.1 <Mizore Shirayuki
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs50/i/20...y_Friccity.jpg <Kula Diamond
Some other skin ideas like a spring and fall oriented kimono Kanae would be cool. Also you could use a couple clothes seen in the video "Go Round." Scroll down to it later or do it now to see what I'm referring to.

***Voice lines***
When icon is clicked in the champion selection: "Upon the first sight of snow."

Moving around: "They will turn to ice in our wake.", "Are you feeling cold, summoner?", "With every snowflake, their doom begins.", "The snow melts, as does my patience.", "Come! The snow nears."
Attacking: "They will know the northern winds well.", "I shall create icy graves for them all!", "I will shatter their resolve."

Taunt pose: she says these quotes while posing like the girl in this photo - http://hijiribe.donmai.us/data/68301...9902847f53.jpg - if you want the animation of how she does it, click this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ7EW9Ct06c and skip to 1:31
^Type Moon's Akiha Tohno^
Taunts: "You'd best bundle up for this upcoming blizzard.", "Weather joke? ...No need to forecast your own undoing.", "Kiss that warmth good bye."

Upon death: "Urgh... belov...ed...", "I... see him... now...", "We are finally... together..."

Q: "Tah!", "Here!", "Heh...", "Run."
W: -giggles-
E: "Feeling chilly?", "I bet you can see your breath, fool.", "This is how cold my heart is."
R: "Your death will be a COLD ONE!", "Let the frigid winter TAKE YOU!!", "Come now, how frigid can it BE?!"

Teleporting: *She holds herself as she floats slowly upwards* "Even the winter's finest must take their leave.", "Until the next snowflake.", "Oh, so soon?"

Jokes: *she crosses her arms, looks away then to the front and then snaps her fingers, causing ice shards to appear from the ground and around her*
"Come closer, let me freeze your heart over...", "Today's dessert is crushed ice. Flavor? You.", "Is it fine that I find you too warm for comfort?"

Dance:
So here's the update on Namie Amuro...
Her vids keep going offline. And it's pissing me off. So... Yeah, cheers to that. And here are some ideas on Kanae's dance.
More Kpop? Possible. Honestly, I want to stick to something on the Japanese side on this one as her name IS Japanese, not Korean. Could go Jpop but every Jpop artist I know doesn't have his/her/their vids on youtube. So... Touhou reference anybody? ⑨ to all the licensing.

This will depend if there's to be skins other than kimonos.
Kimono skin dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABV86sCZ0FQ <<<<Skip to 4:50
Other skins dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd2Cvxrxpfc <<<<Skip to 0:41 and loop it around 0:50
I don't really mind if the "Eat You Up" is on all the skins. I would love it if that were to be true actually. xD
Another dance could be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=259SwWfnahc Skip to 0:20 and then loop it, her saying "Baka baka~" with the same amount of times they do in the song.

***Side Notes***
With attacks, I was thinking she throws ice at her enemy or uses snow that floats in her hand.
Regarding her name... I was going for either Yuki or Kanae but I see way too many Yuki-named characters and then they're always about snow. Sooo I went for Kanae instead. Miyuki is also a viable name.
I can still change skills and whatnot or go for any more suggestions to her dances/skins. So please, leave some ideas too! ;D

I would love some feedback and I'll change what needs to changed or if it seems right.^^

ShikiMaejima

01-16-2013

Bump. :3

Woodwardmr

01-16-2013

I like the concept and story but here's my thoughts on the abilities
Passive, been done A LOT maybe mix it up a bit?
Q is basically nautilus's ult except without the knockup? it's good though a great poke
W I'm not sure I understand it right but it sounds just like kassadins ult except without dealing damage?
E a good slow whichever you go with great for chases if she's AD
and her ult, it sounds exactly like nunu's tbh I would want a new snowy ult possibly an execute would fit her rather well, but really she needs it to be original
could you review mine too?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3011433

ShikiMaejima

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodwardmr View Post
I like the concept and story but here's my thoughts on the abilities
Passive, been done A LOT maybe mix it up a bit?
Q is basically nautilus's ult except without the knockup? it's good though a great poke
W I'm not sure I understand it right but it sounds just like kassadins ult except without dealing damage?
E a good slow whichever you go with great for chases if she's AD
and her ult, it sounds exactly like nunu's tbh I would want a new snowy ult possibly an execute would fit her rather well, but really she needs it to be original
could you review mine too?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3011433
I changed the passive, w, e and ult because it felt a bit too used by other champions. And yeah, I'll check yours. :]

ShikiMaejima

01-18-2013

Bump!

Risen Thrall

01-19-2013

What if you made the passive like Ashe's, but changed it to CDR instead of crit (with a cap of 40% ofc), and upon using an ability, that ability's CD is reduced by X amount. The Timer is reset when ever she uses a spell. This would more or less let her revolve around double casting a spell, much like Leblanc would do. (this would work really well with her W, giving some insane mobility)

Or, you could do something like Rumble, but instead of heating up, she freezes the area around her wen she casts spells. At 50% or more, they have a bonus effect, and when it hits 100% she is silenced, but the area around her is super cooled, so any enemies close to her have their movement speed reduced. As the bar runs back down to zero, the slowing effect decays. (this would also raise her skill cap a bunch)

In all honesty, I feel that we've seen just about everything in champions, so a lot of things look like they were copied from previous champions. I like to think of it more as, The ability isn't a copy, rather, it was inspired from the concept of another champion's ability,

ShikiMaejima

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risen Thrall View Post
What if you made the passive like Ashe's, but changed it to CDR instead of crit (with a cap of 40% ofc), and upon using an ability, that ability's CD is reduced by X amount. The Timer is reset when ever she uses a spell. This would more or less let her revolve around double casting a spell, much like Leblanc would do. (this would work really well with her W, giving some insane mobility)

Or, you could do something like Rumble, but instead of heating up, she freezes the area around her wen she casts spells. At 50% or more, they have a bonus effect, and when it hits 100% she is silenced, but the area around her is super cooled, so any enemies close to her have their movement speed reduced. As the bar runs back down to zero, the slowing effect decays. (this would also raise her skill cap a bunch)

In all honesty, I feel that we've seen just about everything in champions, so a lot of things look like they were copied from previous champions. I like to think of it more as, The ability isn't a copy, rather, it was inspired from the concept of another champion's ability,
Dude... I love your concept so much right now. I've also been playing Leblanc for a while and I'm surprised I never thought of that! Thanks for the ideas!

Also with "copying" in mind... I rather like the idea of taking one champion's abilities and then putting a spin on it, making it another champ's style.

Risen Thrall

05-23-2013

So Lissandra is basically this.... (scumbag Riot is a scumbag...)