What's Inside the Mothership?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

In the center of Bandle City, there's a Mothership, which is very important to the Yordles. So, I was just thinking... Has anyone actually gone inside the Mothership? Is it functional?

SUPERSEYMOUR

01-23-2013

fossilized cupcakes

ReaverKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I think that the mothership hasn't been explored in the lore beyond the one mention so...

...no one knows?

If I had to guess though, I'd say the mothership is courtesy of an Anne McCaffrey fan or two at Riot. If you're looking to introduce a wide variety of different-themed champions, deliberately blurring the line between magic, advanced technology and psionic powers is a good way to let different kinds of powers, cultural influences and visual styles, etc. into your world.

Nothing like a "post-apocalyptic world once inhabitied by a post-singularity society now run overun with greedy primitives and no instruction manual" to get the creative juices flowing eh?

(Note: I would laugh my ass off if the "runes" on Runeterra just turn out to be the equivalent of computer chips harvested from a Jupiter Brain [look it up]. That would singlehandedly explain almost everything that has happened in the lore as well as every Champion's origins, powers and abilities but also render everything to do with the League and the League's "shadowly true purpose" utterly meaningless. All Runeterra would need then is "Ted from Geek squad" and not a heavily-armed army of gladiators culled from the most lethal beings across multiple dimensions.)