Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The directions of Thresh's E should be reversed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkterror69

01-12-2013

Quote:
Shentok:
On discussion of reticles for champions, why is Zed's W a dash shot instead of a circle? It makes it near impossible to properly use the ability and determine range.

Though an argument that the use of smartcasting may to some make this point moot, I wholeheartedly agree with your questioning, as it does seem like he would be better served by making it a point-based ability vs. a skillshot. Though, the ability is pretty much him shooting out a shadow, his functionality and capabilities may be more evident if his W was not a skillshot.

Akuen

01-12-2013

Quote:
use of smartcasting may to some make this point moot

Personally, I smartcast his w. You can reduce the range by using your mouse cursor anyway. I prefer it as a skillshot.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-12-2013

I will probably not design a vector ability until we improve our vector interface (this is on the agenda btw!). I just feel vector is too hard to control.

Facing is also problematic. If you play nidalee, you'll understand what I'm saying -- champions change facing direction in our game a lot (espeically when around minions) without the player having much sense of control over it.

Ragequitternob

Recruiter

01-12-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
I will probably not design a vector ability until we improve our vector interface (this is on the agenda btw!). I just feel vector is too hard to control.

Facing is also problematic. If you play nidalee, you'll understand what I'm saying -- champions change facing direction in our game a lot (espeically when around minions) without the player having much sense of control over it.

vector ability is very hard to use in my opinion. Im using smart cast and when using vector abilities like rumble 's ullti it is super hard to control so .. better not use a vector targeting system

HolyChalice

01-12-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:

You said somewhere that you guys fixed minion dancing for the next live patch right?

Quote:
Ragequitternob:
vector ability is very hard to use in my opinion. Im using smart cast and when using vector abilities like rumble 's ullti it is super hard to control so .. better not use a vector targeting system

This is why we need keybind profiles.

USnip

01-12-2013

one thing that would really help with weird facing is if only enemy minions blocked pathing and not friendly ones. It doesn't really make much sense to me that friendly minions are a hazard.

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

01-13-2013

now in my oppinion please make it work a bit like viktor/rumble so if you smartcast and drag it towards yourself you push and if you press is and draw away you push
I dont find viktor's ability's hard to use... even not on smartcast. Its a question of getting used to it, like smartcast are
this would make so much more sense imo

else i would love it to be reversed because it fits better in his combo in general
Q catch em E catch em again R doom em
not Q catch em E accidentally knock all of em away and then R with no effect

ATM i find this the only freaking stupid spell i cant have by any chance smartcast on because it forces me to look at a ton of different factors like which way is tresh facing oh what way should i clock now
Its straight out confusing, if i E behind myself do i knock people in front of me away while i grab all behind me or what ???
As far as i know it only grabs things behind your mouse which is making comboing stupidly hard because you got to press E behind you to grab and then move it back the the enemy

this is really the spell that ruins his else perfect kit

Stexe

Recruiter

01-13-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:

Awesome to hear. I haven't found Rumble's ult to be too bad, but that's because you usually wait and plan to optimize it. But it is really annoying with someone like Viktor...

It seems like if the vector skill has a lasting or an AoE component it isn't that bad, but as a pure skill shot it leaves a lot to be desired.

Can't wait to see what you do with it! =)

BelligerentGnu

01-13-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:

So why haven't you folks changed nidalee to pounce-to-mouse yet?

Akuen

01-13-2013

Quote:
So why haven't you folks changed nidalee to pounce-to-mouse yet?

I think that would be kinda neat.