Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The directions of Thresh's E should be reversed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neo1st

01-10-2013

It seems that everyone who agrees with OP (including himself), only use it for one reason (and that reason being to pull). that's just not what Riot intended with this champion, there are just as many times you will need to push someone as there are pulling them. for example, if you're ganking a lane and you come in from behind the enemy, you'll want to push them into your team to keep them from running past you, once they do (if still alive), just q them back in. If there are any stragglers, catch them with your q that you saved from using, etc... It literally seems retarded to have to aim in the opposite direction for you to push them back into your team. It's just as much of a pull as it is a push, that's why it has the same distance for both ends, it would only extend in one direction if they intended it to just be a pull. If you see/feel his E as either just a pull or just a push, you're not utilizing his kit to its full potential.

Siyanor

01-10-2013

Ok, well I have actually used Thresh now. I have no issues with it being "counterintuitive," it's just REALLY HARD TO AIM when you're trying to pull (it's fine when you're trying to push). I have to just stand there or autopath doing nothing while I swivel my cursor around trying to find the right angle. Never have to do that when I'm aiming towards where my target is.. just click where the target is going...

Basilisk1991

01-10-2013

Quote:
krueger 404:
if we're talking about what is 'intuitive' in terms of the direction of the pull, it entirely depends on whether you see the ability as primarily a push or a pull technique.

Personally i see it as a push in my mind. So if i aim it in a particular direction then i expect the enemy to move in that direction.

It seems to me that some people are seeing it more like darius' pull technique primarily. So when they aim it at someone they expect it to pull the target from that direction.

Either way its going to cause a problem to 50% of the people playing it.

qft

Wafflestein

01-10-2013

Current way is best way for reasons already mentioned, you aim where you want them to go. Far more intuitive, plus for things like forcing them in to your walls it makes more sense. Also, smart casting helps you not have to click 3 times to use it while moving. Keep your normal abilities bound to other keys for learning the range or if you want to be really careful on the aiming, but smart casting helps with things like this so much.

Siyanor

01-10-2013

Quote:
Wafflestein:
Current way is best way for reasons already mentioned, you aim where you want them to go. Far more intuitive, plus for things like forcing them in to your walls it makes more sense. Also, smart casting helps you not have to click 3 times to use it while moving. Keep your normal abilities bound to other keys for learning the range or if you want to be really careful on the aiming, but smart casting helps with things like this so much.

...That makes no sense.

1. You don't need to click 3 times without smartcast. You click once.

2. If I smartcast it, I will miss EVERY SINGLE TIME when trying to pull because I have no idea if my target is even in the area, and even less of an idea where he's going.

Alenym Lardio

01-10-2013

Imo, they should make it vector-like.

It'd feel much more intuitive... And it'd be more precise, too!
Instead of just clicking on what you think is the diametrically opposed point of the champ you want to pull, you'd just "click and drag" the champ!
The center of the vector would still be Thresh, but its direction would not depend on the position of the first click, but of where you dragged!

Legend of the joined image:
The green losange is where you first click.
The red arrows are the possible paths to have the blue resulting vector that will affect the creep that is circled in blue.
Dunno if I'm clear... But it's just to give an alternative to the "clicking on the opposite side" which doesn't feel intuitive nor effective.

Mysnomer

01-11-2013

Quote:
Alenym Lardio:
Imo, they should make it vector-like.

It'd feel much more intuitive... And it'd be more precise, too!
Instead of just clicking on what you think is the diametrically opposed point of the champ you want to pull, you'd just "click and drag" the champ!
The center of the vector would still be Thresh, but its direction would not depend on the position of the first click, but of where you dragged!

Legend of the joined image:
The green losange is where you first click.
The red arrows are the possible paths to have the blue resulting vector that will affect the creep that is circled in blue.
Dunno if I'm clear... But it's just to give an alternative to the "clicking on the opposite side" which doesn't feel intuitive nor effective.

Oh thank heavens. A picture will hopefully clear up a lot of the confusion going on. While I don't know if a full vector is needed, I admit your version does the ability justice, and almost anything would be better than the way it is now.

Khranz

01-11-2013

Switching the directions would be totally counter-intuitive. Casting IN FRONT of Thresh PUSHES... casting BEHIND pulls. Where you cast corresponding to Thresh corresponds with the direction your target moves. I made a couple mistakes my first plays with Thresh, but honestly it's an incredibly simple mechanic to learn and remember.

WalkingCrypt

01-11-2013

Really doesn't seem like that big of an issue. The mechanic by itself is nice but i don't see how changing it so its more like a singed fling or something else like that makes this champion unique.

iTz WaffleS v2

Recruiter

01-11-2013

Quote:
Nesyaj:
Smartcasting
Problem solved.

I've played a few games with him and already got his combo's down perfect. With smartcasting it makes catching an opponent and escaping an opponent so smooth.

I don't see what people struggle with.