Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The directions of Thresh's E should be reversed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lm Krueger ml

01-10-2013

If we're talking about what is 'Intuitive' in terms of the direction of the pull, it entirely depends on whether you see the ability as primarily a Push or a Pull technique.

Personally I see it as a Push in my mind. So if I aim it in a particular direction then I expect the enemy to move in that direction.

It seems to me that some people are seeing it more like Darius' Pull technique primarily. So when they aim it at someone they expect it to Pull the target from that direction.

Either way its going to cause a problem to 50% of the people playing it.

Eltheran

01-10-2013

Look at this from this perspective: to do a swing which would pull something towards him (i mean the scythe hits/pulls you when giong down at some speed) the scythe will always hit the ground and thus negating the knockback. Swing from down won't work either unless you want to rip someone genitals...

leogin

01-10-2013

Quote:
Krueger 404:
If we're talking about what is 'Intuitive' in terms of the direction of the pull, it entirely depends on whether you see the ability as primarily a Push or a Pull technique.

Personally I see it as a Push in my mind. So if I aim it in a particular direction then I expect the enemy to move in that direction.

It seems to me that some people are seeing it more like Darius' Pull technique primarily. So when they aim it at someone they expect it to Pull the target from that direction.

Either way its going to cause a problem to 50% of the people playing it.

That's a valid point, but even as a pull skill like Darius, you still aim it at the same direction you would with a push skill. Having it aim backwards as a push(it cant really be a pull skill considering how the aiming is represented) skill is just counter-intuitive to our instincts as gamers. Even the skill's aiming reticle shows a set of arrows telling you which direction it will 'push' enemies towards, whether that's towards you or away from you. Having the arrows point the opposite direction you aim just feels awkward.

lm Krueger ml

01-10-2013

Tbh I'd far rather they just redid the way it aims completely so that it works like Viktor's Death Ray.

You have a max range and you select the start location and a direction and it does a sweep along that line. It would allow a far greater degree of control.

EDIT: Im actually gunna make a new thread and suggest that....
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2988806

leogin

01-10-2013

Quote:
Krueger 404:
Tbh I'd far rather they just redid the way it aims completely so that it works like Viktor's Death Ray.

You have a max range and you select the start location and a direction and it does a sweep along that line. It would allow a far greater degree of control.

EDIT: Im actually gunna make a new thread and suggest that....

That actually sounds like a pretty strong buff, since that degree of control means a longer range to manipulate and disrupt enemy movement, and positioning, in a large area. That means they would have to nerf the area it affects, and it adds even more complexity(in a not necessarily good way) to the skill, considering that gives him the ability to basically put an enemy into an area open to his pull. Interesting idea though.

lm Krueger ml

01-10-2013

Quote:
leogin:
That actually sounds like a pretty strong buff, since that degree of control means a longer range to manipulate and disrupt enemy movement, and positioning, in a large area. That means they would have to nerf the area it affects, and it adds even more complexity(in a not necessarily good way) to the skill, considering that gives him the ability to basically put an enemy into an area open to his pull. Interesting idea though.

New thread if you feel like reposting that. But yes you are correct. I think it'd be far far more interesting though as a skill. THey would definitely need to nerf the size of the AOE.

Fudge Dragon

01-10-2013

You guys aren't making any sense to me... You keep saying "It doesn't make sense to have to aim BEHIND me for this skill to push them"
You are essentially saying it doesn't make sense to fire a skill in the opposite direction you are running to stop someone from chasing you. In this case you want Lux's and Morgana's snare to work in the same way you are suggesting.

Thresh's E works in a unique way and Im noticing people are commenting on it in a similar fashion as when we first exposed to Diana's Q...
Give it some time and practice.

leogin

01-10-2013

Quote:
Nesyaj:
You guys aren't making any sense to me... You keep saying "It doesn't make sense to have to aim BEHIND me for this skill to push them"
You are essentially saying it doesn't make sense to fire a skill in the opposite direction you are running to stop someone from chasing you. In this case you want Lux's and Morgana's snare to work in the same way you are suggesting.

Thresh's E works in a unique way and Im noticing people are commenting on it in a similar fashion as when we first exposed to Diana's Q...
Give it some time and practice.

Uh, that's basically what I've been saying. But, yes, thanks for reiterating it in a clear fashion.

Siyanor

01-10-2013

Half of the people who "disagree" are agreeing with the OP... unless I'm even more confused than the OP is...

Mysnomer

01-10-2013

Quote:
leogin:

Yeah, because it already moves people so far, right? It barely bumps them up in the air, and a few hundred units in the chosen direction. And the area of effect is disappointingly small, IMO. Giving a buff to your control of the skill would be one of the few lateral buffs that could be done to actually make the skill interesting, as opposed to requiring nerfs.