Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The directions of Thresh's E should be reversed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sevwall

01-09-2013

I got a game in with him, and something really stuck out to me.

When I move towards my enemy, I'm essentially always trying to throw him towards me or behind me (pulling them). When moving away from my enemy, I almost always want to knock them backwards (pushing them). However I currently have to click near my enemy, press E, move my cursor to the other side of Thresh and click to throw them towards Thresh. When running away, I have to click away from the enemy to run, then move my mouse back behind thresh and click.

If clicking in front of thresh (in between you and the enemy) knocked them towards you, and clicking behind thresh (opposite side from the enemy) knocked them away, this ability would function much better and more intuitively.

Fudge Dragon

01-09-2013

Smartcasting
Problem solved.

neo1st

01-10-2013

I disagree, to be honest. It doesn't really make sense - goes against a gamer's intuition to purposely aim in the opposite direction of where my mouse is, in this case. I use his E often to pull people to me when chasing in team fights. but i also use it just as often when pushing people away while retreating in team fights, i don't want it to be more frustrating or confusing to use when i'm trying to save me or my allies. This would get really messed up when there are team fights near barron or dragon when enemies may come from different directions.

GreatWeelo

01-10-2013

I disagree as well. I think it's better the way it is now.

Instead of aiming the ability at a target, you aim where you want the target to go. It's a different thought process, but for an ability that sends an enemy in any one of 360 directions, it's the best way to handle it.

Timeless Yyr

01-10-2013

Bump because i feel exactly the same, and I even think that this change would reduce Thresh clunkiness by a good 50%.
Why should I need to click BEHIND my back when i'm running away from someone?
And if I'm chasing someone and want to use the E to bring him closer, why should I move my mouse in the opposite direction??
The risk is to stop moving if you dont time it right, and lose that 0.5 seconds while chasing can be very obnoxius.
Please at least add an option to switch the direction of the E, it would be SO MUCH BETTER, even if it might initially FEEL like it's strange.

Maluss

01-10-2013

The direction of his E is most likely a balancing factor for its overall utility as DarkNataku mentioned. Also, due to his inherent lack of escapes, having his E automatically be aimed forward allows him to clutch knock away an opponent that closed in on him rather than, as you would have it, pull that opponent even closer

Just my two cents
-Maluss

FlutterShen

01-10-2013

Quote:
Sevwall:
I got a game in with him, and something really stuck out to me.

When I move towards my enemy, I'm essentially always trying to throw him towards me or behind me (pulling them). When moving away from my enemy, I almost always want to knock them backwards (pushing them). However I currently have to click near my enemy, press E, move my cursor to the other side of Thresh and click to throw them towards Thresh. When running away, I have to click away from the enemy to run, then move my mouse back behind thresh and click.

If clicking in front of thresh (in between you and the enemy) knocked them towards you, and clicking behind thresh (opposite side from the enemy) knocked them away, this ability would function much better and more intuitively.

This, completely this.

Rufen

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Quote:
Maluss:
The direction of his E is most likely a balancing factor for its overall utility as DarkNataku mentioned. Also, due to his inherent lack of escapes, having his E automatically be aimed forward allows him to clutch knock away an opponent that closed in on him rather than, as you would have it, pull that opponent even closer

Just my two cents
-Maluss

So, do you think they're making the the skill counter-intuitive as a means to balance him? Sounds like it to me, but that seems like a terrible way to go about balancing a champion.

"We're making Thresh feel a little clunky, because this skill combo would be too strong otherwise."

Wazuzu

01-10-2013

Bumping and upvoting. When you target in front of you - you are engaging most of times, and you need E to pull. And when you're disengaging and your mouse cursor is mostly away from your foes - you need to throw them back.

Reversing your cursor position just to cast a spell in a way it should be cast normally is stupid. It's like eating soup with a fork or with a straw = unnecessary complication which follows up with frequent misses, misdirections and other toxic gameplay elements.

leogin

01-10-2013

I disagree as well. Just imagining how that feels doesn't feel right with me. As neo points out, it goes against a gamer's intuition to do the opposite of what the skill does. If I aim towards an enemy I expect the skill to throw something towards, or push away, the target. I wouldn't expect it to do the opposite.

Besides, how hard is it to shift the mouse behind you while escaping to push the enemy away? Honestly, it's no harder than aiming Rumbles ult( it's easier than rumbles ult) and it's not like you have to guide where your champion is going every step of the way with your mouse. One click towards escape and you're free to aim with your mouse. I really don't see the need to make the aiming for E sound so counter-productive.