Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Under certain circumstances it is okay to AFK

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drukyul

01-09-2013

"OK" as in ethically? Sure.

Still reporting you.

2pudge1cup

01-09-2013

ya emergencies

sometimes life calls and u gotta answer

not emergencies like "dinner time bbl" but real emergencies

Battletick

01-09-2013

True, I never start a game without at least 1 hour I should be able to play for, but sometimes real life happens. (The horror)

Diminister

Recruiter

01-09-2013

Quote:
Just me Soraka:
no.

If life is more important, than being banned from the game doesn't matter.

Obviously life is more important than league of legends, or any game for that matter... Sometimes you just gotta go, you guys have to remember this is just a game and there ARE situations in which you must abandon one game whether it be you get fired or something as extreme as a death. League of Legends is just a nice pastime and a great stress reliever, something to take your mind off something, so even though life is more important, you really don't deserve to be banned if you left for an emergency.

phil002

01-09-2013

Devils advocate here. What of you allocate a little over an hour before work or something. After the few minutes it takes to get into a match and champ select or whatever you start the game an jour before you have to leave. It's a close game and the hour mark passes. What then? Would you guys understand? Should leaver buster be ammended to forgive leaves after the hour mark? That is the time riot says to leave available to finish a game, and how much time everyone says.

Basically can you blame someone for doing everything right and still having to leave?

01-09-2013

im in college, i get fire drills. i afk. never been warned never been banned.