How to deal with a bad AD carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalasen

01-09-2013

I end up playing a lot of support, and the best advice I can give is not to play supports that have to throw themselves in harm's way and hope the ADC follows. If your ADC is getting stomped by the enemy, then your job is to not die with them, as often as possible, while still saving them when you can. You want the laning to end ASAP so you can support someone else. Let that tower fall, and encourage your carry to do the same. Ward up for him so he can safely farm, then go help out in the skirmishes around mid towers as everyone tries to push that down.

If you're taric or leona or blitzcrank or alistar, you're pretty screwed, yeah. The supports that do best in this position are like zyra, janna, lux, lulu. Supports that can peel people off of your carry and yourself and throw in good disables and harass safely. You're unlikely to die, you save your carry a couple times, and when laning is over, you can play safe enough not to get gibbed by the fed enemy carry. Don't expect to win lane with a bad carry. But you can make the failure less hard, at least for yourself, and move on to being useful to other, hopefully decently farmed people on your team.

Fukaro

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafodalho View Post
lulu, due to her utility

if u manage to get your hands on farm, zyra and lux, and change build to ap carry

on topic:
if ur adc is bad, to the point of no return, take his place by taking cs and kills if it needs to come to that

if u leave your lane, he is only going to get worse on 2vs1, and you may end up forcing more ganks on other lanes, while letting the enemy adc get free gold

if you try to support him without taking cs, he will stay the same, you will stay the same, but the enemy is not...

by taking his place, and building utility+damage, you can give your team and early advantage on early mid/ late-mid game, and may force the enemy to surrender

by all means, try to end it on mid game, cause when late game arrives, you will be crushed
exactly what happened. The only supports i play with are taric and nunu because i like being tanky. Im not sure how I can carry with them. Both rely on my adc being good. Especially nunu,

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukaro View Post
exactly what happened. The only supports i play with are taric and nunu because i like being tanky. Im not sure how I can carry with them. Both rely on my adc being good. Especially nunu,
build them ap if you see that you can't help ur carry

it can't get any worse than the current situation, and you might have fun doing it

Castyllon

01-09-2013

well mmm in the team are 5 players 1 carry ,1 support and 1 jungler, tactics are best skills ,best individual skills

Schnuffles

01-09-2013

I bail and start supporting mid instead.

Luhz

01-09-2013

in ranked i tend to play supports that can keep tards from feeding

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnuffles View Post
I bail and start supporting mid instead.
bad choice

1: ur adc is now a easy kill, he was bad before, but now its free game
2: enemy carry gets easily fed...you do not want to help the enemy carry get fed
3: you are taking mid exp...they role mid cause ap mids scale better with exp, and your presence there is has negative has you taking adc farm
4:most junglers force more ganks on 2vs1 situation, so you are putting your mid in danger