How to deal with a bad AD carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prowlexe

01-09-2013

I'm starting to play support more and more often due to being tired of people calling their roles and locking in instantly. It's given me the opportunity to think less about micro and more on how the game is proceeding and how your teammates are doing overall. You have to basically set things up for the ADC. If they're not doing well, just ward EVERYTHING in bot lane, keep them healthy, watch the river, ping, buy auras. Keep track of everyone when you can. Just keep in mind you can only do so much for your teammates past a certain point. Sometimes you'll have to deal with your team having little tantrums with each other if things don't always go well. Just ignore that and keep warding, try to get them to group and do something useful. Despite how much some people can complain, they usually want to win and will listen if keeps ending with good results.

Znt

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
Pick a support that can kinda carry on its own
Please name one that can. It pisses me off when people say "just carry as support" when there are no supports that can carry... But please prove me wrong, which ones can carry

Zahaele

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znt View Post
Please name one that can. It pisses me off when people say "just carry as support" when there are no supports that can carry... But please prove me wrong, which ones can carry
Leona, for example. Sets up tons of kills for even incompetent carries.

Fukaro

01-09-2013

I need to save IP for Leona(6300 IP fml). My carry wasn't bad early game. He did really well. Its just that this one teamfight he chooses to leave my side and W right into the middle of a teamfight. This late in the game a teamfight can mean a victory or defeat.

B1GW00DY613

01-09-2013

Quote:
Lulu can solo ADC, Janna can carry pretty hard too. Sona carries, Blitz carries, Taric with AP does so much burst. A good nunu will make someone else get kills. I'd probably say those who can't carry, Leona, Nami, Soraka. while building as a support that is.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Roam, help other lanes and coordinate with your jungler to counter gank. If hes bad enough begin to take his CS when your actually in lane.

In the situation that you have a BAD carry, you need to try and press other advantages.

BinaryUnicycle

01-09-2013

Try to give them an opportunity to get kills. If they're being aggressive, follow that and see if you can get the kills. If they or both of you end up dying then try to just protect them as best as possible. Of course you can always tell them what they're doing wrong in the nicest way possible but if they don't listen then don't worry about it. All you can do is try to help them. Hopefully some of the other lanes have done better if that's the case then protect those others who are carrying and let your adc just farm (hopefully if the person is smart and their behind they'll want to farm a bit).

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

01-09-2013

Quote:
lulu, due to her utility

if u manage to get your hands on farm, zyra and lux, and change build to ap carry

on topic:
if ur adc is bad, to the point of no return, take his place by taking cs and kills if it needs to come to that

if u leave your lane, he is only going to get worse on 2vs1, and you may end up forcing more ganks on other lanes, while letting the enemy adc get free gold

if you try to support him without taking cs, he will stay the same, you will stay the same, but the enemy is not...

by taking his place, and building utility+damage, you can give your team and early advantage on early mid/ late-mid game, and may force the enemy to surrender

by all means, try to end it on mid game, cause when late game arrives, you will be crushed

john

01-09-2013

play mordekaiser

Turtle Rojas

01-09-2013

That's why I play AP casters as supports. Morgana and Zyra have helped me carry the adc. They are still good supports with their cc abilities and they can kick butt if your adc can't do anything.