is flask worth it now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NigNoglet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

on pbe, its getting bumped up to a whopping 345gold price. on dominion, sure it might be okay to buy, but on rift i dont see it being worth it anymore.

yes, it also is getting a slight buff to health and mana regen (health: 120 from 100, mana: 60 from 40)

i dont think 60 health and 60 mana buff is worth the new 120gold increase. makes it that much harder for supports to maintain sustain.

The Omnivious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

I could handle it if the price was 300 gold, as I usually only need 3 wards before getting Sightstone. But, I couldn't manage the same with 2 wards.

Too much of a price increase for little return.

Rynhardt

01-09-2013

Just get rid of the damn thing.

TheDarkRogue77

01-09-2013

I love(d) that little flask!

NigNoglet

01-09-2013

say you are support, and u snag the +50 gold starting. 525 - 345 = 180. not even enough to get a faerie charm lol. and it definitely wont be worth buying AFTER you go back once/twice, youll be way too far behind. feel like flask will be long forgotten

Signature13

01-09-2013

Screw this sustain meta. Bring back our lvl 1,2 Ganks~~

Corporal Cupcake

01-09-2013

I'll still get it on supports, but not mids and tops. I guess that was the whole point.

FallenAbaddon

01-09-2013

I still feel the flask is pretty worth it when playing top, mid or even adc (Though I rather start with a long sword + 2 pods as an adc tbh) I really don't see junglers getting it due to their sustain, I have seen multiple supports get these but currently Idk if it is worth it for supports but plenty sure it is if you do the math, it's just about how early you can get the flask really.

Arsenals

01-09-2013

On supports to start, no. On laners that don't need boots, maybe.

VGTraxis

01-09-2013

For champs with mana, flask = 4 potions. 4 potions = 140 gold.

Current flask is about 7 potions (140 + 35 + 35 = 215, 10 gold less than 7)
Current flask pays off if you buy it and refill it once.

345 gold is like... 10 potions?
That means going back 3 times to pay it off, assuming you start with it. That puts you pretty far behind in lane unless you don't buy any other potions.