Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help me be a better top laner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goku Senpai

01-09-2013

I think of myself as a top main and can do fairly well in most match-ups but recently I started having some trouble. Every time I face a Garen i just get steam rolled. I have tried Nid (ad and ap), Yorick, Jayce, even Teemo and I cant seem to find a way to beat him after level 6. Any advice would be much appreciated,

Tiqii

01-09-2013

play garen

Skilliard

01-09-2013

Kite him, that's the #1 counter to him. He's super easy to kite, avoid him while spinning if you're melee, or just altogether just ktie him completely as ranged and he cant do anything.

Goku Senpai

01-09-2013

Not quite the answer I was looking for. Thanks anyway

penguin

01-09-2013

punish him when his cds are down, run like **** when they are up

build hp/armor combination items because they're broken like warmogs/randuin's/sunfire cape

ton0907

01-09-2013

try playing elise. just keep poking him so he doesnt regen back. and ur q human form will deal chunk of dmg to a garen coz hes mostly tanky

Goku Senpai

01-09-2013

I tired to kite him. I even went as far as gauntlet on Nid and still failed miserably.

Goku Senpai

01-09-2013

Hmmm elise huh? Ill have to try that next. Thanks

GirlsxGeneration

01-09-2013

Dont give kills to him, Garen NEEDS to snowball. I played Vlad and went even in lane (Early Chain + Sorc Shoes with ms pages), later on I had more impact in teamfights.

Also Garen can 100-0 omgwtfbbq any squishy early on, because he has prob the best early game for top lane.

Mackleshmores

01-09-2013

>pick tryndamere
>start 1 ward 11 pots
>max w
>farm for 30 minutes
>win