Question about Garen...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha as Fuark

01-09-2013

I'm not complaining here, but I have a serious question for the players of this game: Where is the balance in Garen's kit? I can't find it. I want some to explain it to me, please and thanks.

Astaare

01-09-2013

Pick Jayce, profit.

Alpha as Fuark

01-09-2013

I realize the nature of this question may invite flaming, but I am completely serious. I want people to explain to me, how Garen's abilities are fair.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

He's really good early game but gets less effective later.

Scarlet Flandre

01-09-2013

Garen flaw is that he's Garen

Best Talon Ever

01-09-2013

He has no gap closer- pick Elise or Teemo and DESTROY

Dead CeII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

The balance is that there isn't enough bushes.

Astaare

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta bananas View Post
I realize the nature of this question may invite flaming, but I am completely serious. I want people to explain to me, how Garen's abilities are fair.
Explain how Jax's abilities are fair. Or Darius, since he is Garen 2.0. How about Ezreal or Blitzcrank while we're at it?

Sorry, I don't mean to be a troll, but it isn't the nature of the question, it's the way you're wording it. How about you start by explaining what aspects of his kit you feel are unfair, and we can discuss the appropriate counters?

But the short answer is that he is a melee ad caster without a true gap closer. He is quite vulnerable to kiting, and knockbacks ruin his day (which is why I recommended Jayce). His primary source of damage is Judgement, which has a fairly substantial cooldown early game, so if you pick a champion like Jax or Irelia who have better sustained dps than he does, you should be able to win most trades with him. His ultimate is his only source of non-physical damage and it is an execute, so early armor should make it hard for him to get you low enough to finish in the first place (though it will become less effective as the game goes on, due to league of black cleaver).

In retrospect that wasn't such a short answer :P

FancifuHarlequin

01-09-2013

He requires you to go into a bush. Doesn't matter which one. According to the schrodinger's bush experiment he's simultaneously in every bush on the map at all times.

In seriousness, he's very strong. He's difficult to kite and his damage is insane for how tanky he can be. However: he's countered in and out of lane by sustained ranged damage.

Talisid

01-09-2013

He has to chase people around a lot to do damage and has no way of stopping people from running away from him.