Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


One "wrong" case in your eyes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankerInc

Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Saint Latona:
...out of millions of correct ones DOES NOT mean that the Tribunal is broken/needs to go/pathetic/etc....

Sure there will be some cases that will be wrong such as a Pardon when the offender clearly needs to be punished. **** happens, he'll end up in the Tribunal again. But a few cases out of millions does not mean that the Tribunal is broken or such.


I guess this player doesn't read anything but his or her own post.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2832512

There ya go. This is one. I will brb with more for you

Yet another
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2992043

This is two by my count not one.

Yet another
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6128718/#nogo

Three by may count now

And another

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6010485/

But wait. there is more. All from 1 page

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2992735

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/536042/#nogo

Then to top it off. Someone made a post about getting 90% just by spamming punish.. By the way. that is 5 by my count from 1 page.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
TankerInc:
I guess this player doesn't read anything but his or her own post.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2832512

There ya go. This is one. I will brb with more for you

Yet another
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2992043

This is two by my count not one.

Yet another
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6128718/#nogo

Three by may count now


So you show 3 cases out of millions, which have questionable verdicts and want to say Tribunal is broken? You didn't get the point of OP's post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankerInc

Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Shiister:
So you show 3 cases out of millions, which have questionable verdicts and want to say Tribunal is broken? You didn't get the point of OP's post.


How small minded are you? I am not going to go though 100 + pages just to show the point you can not understand nor want to.

But to help you understand which I am sure you would like to know if I got 5 things from 1 page and we have 1 million pages ( to quote you ) that means I can get more then 5 case's I just do not have the will to try and help someone that doesn't want to nor willing to understand.
I am sorry but 1 wrong out of millions is just so so so off the mark it is not funny.

O btw. It was 5.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Latona

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
TankerInc:
How small minded are you? I am not going to go though 100 + pages just to show the point you can not understand nor want to.

But to help you understand which I am sure you would like to know if I got 5 things from 1 page and we have 1 million pages ( to quote you ) that means I can get more then 5 case's I just do not have the will to try and help someone that doesn't want to nor willing to understand.
I am sorry but 1 wrong out of millions is just so so so off the mark it is not funny.

O btw. It was 5.


Looks like you didn't see the part where I said "a few out of millions". A few, as in like a couple hundred for instance. That's a few compared to millions. I keep on seeing threads where people try to post their reform cards to prove that they have been "wrongly" banned by the Tribunal when they clearly deserve it. Out of those cases that you had the grace to link to me (thank you for that), only one stood out to me as being questionable, and there was that one Pardon when it clearly was a Punish.

So? Doesn't prove that the Tribunal needs to be removed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
TankerInc:
How small minded are you? I am not going to go though 100 + pages just to show the point you can not understand nor want to.

But to help you understand which I am sure you would like to know if I got 5 things from 1 page and we have 1 million pages ( to quote you ) that means I can get more then 5 case's I just do not have the will to try and help someone that doesn't want to nor willing to understand.
I am sorry but 1 wrong out of millions is just so so so off the mark it is not funny.

O btw. It was 5.


It wasn't 5, if you look at what I quoted before you edited your post.

I said we have a million cases, not pages if you going to quote me do it correctly.

OP also went on to say "few to millions"

Like I said, you didn't get the point of the OP post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pickwick2

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Saint Latona:
...out of millions of correct ones DOES NOT mean that the Tribunal is broken/needs to go/pathetic/etc....

Sure there will be some cases that will be wrong such as a Pardon when the offender clearly needs to be punished. **** happens, he'll end up in the Tribunal again. But a few cases out of millions does not mean that the Tribunal is broken or such.


So true!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Latona

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Welp, looks like someone is trying hard to prove that the Tribunal is broken! I wish him good luck, really.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pickwick2

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
TankerInc:
Then to top it off. Someone made a post about getting 90% just by spamming punish.. By the way. that is 5 by my count from 1 page.


That seems unlikely to me. I'm sitting around 87.5%, and almost every case where I disagree with the majority, it's because of something I punish for that others don't. Of course, if enough people are using the Tribunal, it's likely that at least one of them has been given a slate of cases that were all, 100% of them, punished.

Also, you're silly, and it's not clear that you read all of those cases before listing them. As the most noble OP and others have pointed out, they're pretty underwhelming evidence for your position.

And, bump!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Latona

Senior Member

01-15-2013

up


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrzun

Senior Member

01-15-2013

Quote:
Saint Latona:
...out of millions of correct ones DOES NOT mean that the Tribunal is broken/needs to go/pathetic/etc....

Sure there will be some cases that will be wrong such as a Pardon when the offender clearly needs to be punished. **** happens, he'll end up in the Tribunal again. But a few cases out of millions does not mean that the Tribunal is broken or such.


You wouldn't be saying that if you were the one wrongly punished.

Actually it is broken, but in a different way. We have judges not using the Summoner's Code and being far too harsh quit often. Judges need to be removed or at least punished when they are punishing too much. If it is borderline they should be hitting pardon, because like you said if they are real offenders they will be back because the behavior always escalated until they are punished. Compared to a person have a REALLY bad day and it not being normal.

Also, I'm 100% on my pardons and none of them have EVER been an Overwhelming Majority. Yet, I have Overwhelming Majority punish all the time... that speaks for itself.