One "wrong" case in your eyes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

Member

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysama View Post
I think the only people complaining about the system being broken are the ones who were banned. I've seen a few bad decisions but almost every single person coming on here declares they weren't deserving a ban and then post their case that's filled with them cussing people out and spamming the chat.

I think they have such short attention spans themselves and just don't comprehend that people actually read everything, otherwise they wouldn't be shooting themselves in the foot by linking the evidence of their ban.
Of course these people are complaining....just because you got banned doesn't mean you are a bad person or player, it means this system is Garbage. The system is a failure, complete and utter failure. Am I saying EVERY banned player is isn't? of course not, that would be ridiculous. There have been more than enough cases where people are banned over the most minuscule and ridiculous things though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

Member

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
...out of millions of correct ones DOES NOT mean that the Tribunal is broken/needs to go/pathetic/etc....

Sure there will be some cases that will be wrong such as a Pardon when the offender clearly needs to be punished. **** happens, he'll end up in the Tribunal again. But a few cases out of millions does not mean that the Tribunal is broken or such.
You in now way prove that the system actually DOES work either. As i stated in the post just before this. This system does more harm than good, by far. A few "right" cases doesn't give precedence to bad cases getting people banned for miniscule offenses either. If that's all the argument you can make for this system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
Of course these people are complaining....just because you got banned doesn't mean you are a bad person or player, it means this system is Garbage. The system is a failure, complete and utter failure. Am I saying EVERY banned player is isn't? of course not, that would be ridiculous. There have been more than enough cases where people are banned over the most minuscule and ridiculous things though.
What you classify as minuscule or ridiculous isn't the same for others. This system is decent, getting rid of people who make the game toxic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
You in now way prove that the system actually DOES work either. As i stated in the post just before this. This system does more harm than good, by far. A few "right" cases doesn't give precedence to bad cases getting people banned for miniscule offenses either. If that's all the argument you can make for this system.
How does the system do more harm than good? I see it in the opposite way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VietnamGuerrilla

Senior Member

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
...out of millions of correct ones DOES NOT mean that the Tribunal is broken/needs to go/pathetic/etc....

Sure there will be some cases that will be wrong such as a Pardon when the offender clearly needs to be punished. **** happens, he'll end up in the Tribunal again. But a few cases out of millions does not mean that the Tribunal is broken or such.
it shows inconsistancy within the tribunal...Its unfair if it isnt 99-100% correct all the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anatera

Senior Member

01-12-2013

It isn't a few cases genius, this happens a fair bit. Even if it was a few, fact of the matter is it shouldn't happen at all, people suffer when it happens.

The fact that an inquiries section even exists should tell you something's up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimKelley

Senior Member

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatera View Post

The fact that an inquiries section even exists should tell you something's up.

That people never believe they are wrong due to cognitive dissonance and that Riot doesn't care to buy more Support people to spend their time explaining bans to people when they can just crowd-source it for free?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
What you classify as minuscule or ridiculous isn't the same for others. This system is decent, getting rid of people who make the game toxic.



How does the system do more harm than good? I see it in the opposite way.
Shiister I've already proven you to be a troll and a bigot on these forums. Please stop giving your opinions on matters when you can never give an explanation as to why or description to anything you say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
That people never believe they are wrong due to cognitive dissonance and that Riot doesn't care to buy more Support people to spend their time explaining bans to people when they can just crowd-source it for free?
Yeah, Riot would prefer to keep all of that money it earns on people having to make new accounts rather than give live support to players. It's really not even the fact of the matter of support for banned players, because honestly there are WAY more banned players than there should ever be in the first place. This is the ONLY game I have ever been banned or even suspended on. EVER. In 26 years. That alone speaks volumes about this system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Latona

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietnamGuerrilla View Post
it shows inconsistancy within the tribunal...Its unfair if it isnt 99-100% correct all the time.
You do realize that the concept of the Tribunal system is similar to the American judicial system? It's not perfect either nor is the Tribunal. However, both are working as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatera View Post
It isn't a few cases genius, this happens a fair bit. Even if it was a few, fact of the matter is it shouldn't happen at all, people suffer when it happens.

The fact that an inquiries section even exists should tell you something's up.
A few out of a million would be like a couple hundred. Tribunal ain't perfect, but it's working as intended.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
Shiister I've already proven you to be a troll and a bigot on these forums. Please stop giving your opinions on matters when you can never give an explanation as to why or description to anything you say.
Yeah I'm the troll, says the guy who been banned by the Tribunal. Your post was wrong and filled with biased assumption, the fact that you couldn't even answer my post shows you can't back your post up.