Dr Jekyl?.....or is it...Mr. Hyde?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brosepius Maxim

03-16-2013

So I don't really know if there are any champs out there that fit this bill exactly but it would be interesting to see if this could be balanced/developed properly. On my way home from work I was thinking of random champs that I hadn't yet played and it struck me that we have no champion whom has an ultimate that forces a change of the character abilities until the ult is used again. Ill be more specific....

Much like Dr. Jekyl in the fabled stories actually IS Mr. Hyde.... a champion could be created that has 3 abilities ....like the nidalee ability set but different types....and can change based on using his ult. The caviot being....that he cannot change back until the ult comes back up again. This would allow the abilities to be slightly more powerful than nidalee or other similar champions because it cant be used and suddenly used again by switching forms rapidly.

Again....i have put almost no thought into this at all, just random thinking on my drive home.

Anyone with any ideas would be welcomed!

Edit: Some ideas that were thought of while chatting with a buddy:

Jekyl form: Health consumed to use abilities
Mana acts as health pool for taking damage

Hyde form: Mana consumed to use abilities
Health acts as health pool for taking damage

Passive: Similar to Vladimir.....Health gained from items translates into a % of mana pool and mana translates into a % of health(cannot multiply from addative HP/MP conversion)

Ultimate:

Rank 1. Gains 10 Armor / Magic resist and 10 AD / AP for 5 seconds.... forces form change

180 second cooldown

Rank 2. Gains 30 Armor / Magic resist and 30 AD / AP for 10 seconds.... forces form change

150 second cooldown

Rank 3. Gains 50 Armor / Magic resist and 50 AD / AP for 15 seconds.... forces form change

120 second cooldown

I could see some people worrying about using mana pool for health and saying there isnt enough items in the game to make this work....thats where the passive idea would fix it. Additionally, this would force players to be careful not to drain themselves too low in 1 pool vs another just before using their ult, which obviously would risk them being very low in the wrong pool as a health bar or being completely out of proverbial gas.

PHoToS999

03-16-2013

I kinda like the idea of a Jekyll/Hyde Champ.
Although, just to add in another thing from the book, why not have the level of ult decide the cd per?
In the book, Jekyll has to take more at the beginning to stay Hdyde, but at the end, Hyde has to take more to stay Jekyll. At the beginning his, Hyde to Jekyll cd could be rather small, while his Jekyll to hyde cd could be quite large. Level is up once, they become equal, level it up again, Hyde comes out on top. Level once more, Jekyll's form is gone except as an ultimate form for a minute or two, then it's back to Hyde.

Brosepius Maxim

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHoToS999 View Post
I kinda like the idea of a Jekyll/Hyde Champ.
Although, just to add in another thing from the book, why not have the level of ult decide the cd per?
In the book, Jekyll has to take more at the beginning to stay Hdyde, but at the end, Hyde has to take more to stay Jekyll. At the beginning his, Hyde to Jekyll cd could be rather small, while his Jekyll to hyde cd could be quite large. Level is up once, they become equal, level it up again, Hyde comes out on top. Level once more, Jekyll's form is gone except as an ultimate form for a minute or two, then it's back to Hyde.
I like it....basically the entire champion is based around mirroring his own abilities to the opposite but equal end. It could be done and i would love playing a champ like that. I wonder if any Rioters will actually see this thread though.... im not so good and putting this kind of stuff together like others seem to be in this forum.

Keep the ideas coming!

scamordred

03-17-2013

bump. interesting idea but mundo kinda fills the idea of the mad scientist using health. mabye with enough tweaking he could be different enough.

Check out my champ pls.
Ku'Yog "The Swarm"

ElMugre

03-17-2013

Great idea, i didnt read the book so i dont really know what to say but i like the concept, different from nidalee, Elise, Quinn and Jayce. I like the idea from Photos but that would only work if they make jekyl/Hyde (unless its a clear reference)