Would this work or be OP? (Leavers)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sedna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

As we all know people leaving games, disconnecting, rage quitting, personal issues, every other possible excuse all the time. I know everyone understands that it sucks to play a 4v5 or even a 3v5 (It happens.) So I came up with a suggestion (no idea if it would work)

Seeing as a game is 5v5 we can assume everyone is worth 20% of a teams effort. Therefore, what if when a team member left a game, there was a team wide buff, for example,

Lets say you lose 1 member, in that case your team would receive a team wide buff of 5% to all stats.

Following the pattern, (Kind of)

1 Missing: 5%
2 Missing: 10%
3 Missing: 25%
4 Missing: 50%

Why the values higher as it goes down?
Simple, we all know that even with the best stats it is still tough to fight at a disadvantage, 5v1 = oh god why.

I don't know if it would scale fairly, or even compensate for a lost carry, support, jungler ect there are a ton of factors, but what do you guys think?

Would it help or harm the game?

EDIT: For those whining about premades dropping 1-2 players for the buff, think about it, not only is their lost players easily banned through reports for afk/leaving (still an offense) The numbers CAN be NERFED these are suggestions, think about the concept NOT the values atm.

TacticalJR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Well imagine a game of 5 pros, 1 purposely disconnects, now the rest of the 4 get even stronger...

Beverice

01-09-2013

I think its not a bad idea, but numbers are way too high.

Example: If one person disconnects, the 4 other people gain 20% stats. All together, thats an 80% team buff.
I really wouldn't mind something to aid a 4v5 though.

Sedna

01-09-2013

True, I supposed there would need to be some way to keep track of such a thing,

Idk, it'd be nice to find a way to combat this issue in my opinion =/

Sedna

01-09-2013

I knocked the numbers down a bit, i didn't think about the huge picture as well as i should have, made it a bit more like 5% to all so 20% overall is distributed.

Sedna

01-09-2013

bump

Noctix

01-09-2013

Horrible idea imo. You'd get premades that would purposely have 1-2 people leave so they could get the buff, and then come back once they started destroying all the other teams towers.

Sedna

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctix View Post
Horrible idea imo. You'd get premades that would purposely have 1-2 people leave so they could get the buff, and then come back once they started destroying all the other teams towers.
Hardly, your not going to be able to easily take on 3v5 in a all out fight even with buffed stats, the numbers can be nerfed, what you should be thinking about is how it would aid to those with a disadvantage in numbers.

Sedna

01-09-2013

edited to clarify some points people are down voting for >>

Sedna

01-09-2013

bumps