The elephant in the room... Dominion as a mode won't grow without heavy promotion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I dunno, Feedski. I think there is ONE more thing you can do.

Get DD sponsored.

According to Gandair, we have the necessary prerequisites to get a sponsor, and the addition of cash prizes and/or swag to throw at the winners should help increase interest by a fair bit.
I've tried talking to Razer and what not before but they weren't interested. I'm not sure why Gandair says we have the necessary prerequisites... He doesn't have any stats to go by what-so-ever, has no clue what traffic the site brings in or anything. Sooo... Not too sure how he figured we had the prerequisites... That would be great if we can get one and would help things a lot. Once I have time i'll try talking to some of the companies again.

Userr

01-15-2013

Well uh, I force friends to play it with me instead of classic... does that count?

They usually enjoy it and say something similar to "This is fun, I need to play this more often."

Whaambulance

01-15-2013

I love Dominion a lot. But Riot gives players no incentive to keep playing. Can't even see hidden Elo for those of us that would be interested in such a thing. It's sad really

Izisery

01-15-2013

I think the best way that -riot- could promote it, other than to make it ranked (because that is whats really going to draw people in), it to teach people -how- to play it. At the moment when new players go into Dominion, they're diving head first into the deep end and they don't know how to swim. This frustrates everyone from that player to the their team, and it such a simple thing to solve, to create a tutorial for it same as summoner's rift. New players, especially if they know how to play summoners rift, have a really hard time grasping Dominion, even though it's a simple concept, because the rules are different in Dominion. Sometimes it's good to chase, sometimes it's bad, and those times change based on situations and team comps. Most new people don't know that it's a good idea to try and capture an enemy tower in a team fight, even though they're gonna be knocked off it really quickly. Most people don't know that minions can be largely ignored for most the game with a few exceptions. Not only that, but some of the weirdest/weakest champs on summoners rift do exceptionally well on Dominion. Heimer is a good example of this, with his turrets and ability to push creep waves, he can hold bot, if they're really good they can hold enemy's bot against several champions. Despite this though, people choose champs that they would play on Summoners rift and they don't do as well, so people don't continue playing Dominion, blaming the map instead of the champ they picked.

NamKim

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
Just saw this thread for the first time. I couldn't agree more. It's Riot's turn to do something. I've tried with DD and pushing Dominion, but I can feel myself running out of fuel, and I have for a while. But it's slowly getting worse, and now that classes have started again, i'm worried I won't have any time promoting Dominion in general. So who's going to take it over? I'm only hoping Riot does... I started DD with a few things in mind... Promote Dominion, show it can be competitive, and offer a place for others to provide resources to players. I've done 2 of those, the third not going as well because finances are a bit of a problem when it comes to paying for a guide system and what not. But my end goal in it all was to eventually promote Dominion enough to get us ranked. So far i've failed, and ultimately I may fail, because i'm getting REEEEEAAALLLLYYYYY tired of dedicating all this time and money (i've put in well over a thousand dollars of my personal money into this) without seeing a single sign that shows we may get ranked. So yeah, Riot, let me pass the ball. It's now in your court, because i'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
There is no way to communicate to Riot about Dominion or TT other than making excessive threads about the issues. All forms of communication get shut down. Nome doesn't play Dominion or even wants to talk about it, Vesh/rickless quit a long time ago, and Rival has no time or even any say, though I will give him credit for watching our tournies when he can.

There is zero transparency going on, there is an extremely large precedent for Riot mishandling and misunderstanding non-SR problems, and we are rightfully very distrusting of them to identify and solve the issues themselves. I mean it took what, 8 months for them to notice we had no dodge penalty when we were spamming them daily about it? We lost draft queue entirely because of how unimportant Dominion's playability was to them. All we can do is make tons of Kassadin threads in order to ensure they know what the current biggest issue is and what needs to be done.

If you feel there's a counter to Kassadin that isn't another Kassadin, feel free to show it. But he's been a permaban in Dominion tournaments since December 2011 for good reason.
Two of the most disheartening posts of 2013.

Seriously Riot, you can ignore the rest of us but at least talk honestly to Feedski and Sauron. If these two give up, MANY others will follow. On the Dominion forum, they might as well be called RiotFeedski and RiotSauron. That's how important they are to the Dominion community.

Unstable Fury

01-16-2013

Totally share the sentiment. Kinda just jumping onto a soapbox as well.

The Laning and Farming Game is getting done to death. I've played DOTA2 during beta and have tried Smite. I still play LoL for Dominion.

The Secret World recently went B2P. I still play LoL for Dominion.

I've been playing Planetside 2 since beta and am subscribed. I still play LoL for Dominion.

I recently bought a bunch of **** off Steam's last sale and will probably be picking up Dead Space 3 when it comes out.

I've played a lot of games since Dominion first came out, and I'm still playing it.

@RIOT @YELLINGATTHETOPOFMYLUNGS - I PLAY OTHER GAMES THAN YOURS BUT I STILL COME BACK TO PLAY DOMINION DESPITE THE FACT THE PERIPHERALLY RELATED **** ON SUMMONER'S SHOWCASE GETS MORE LOVE THAN DOMINION.

Seems like Riot DOES NOT want to promote this mode despite the fact that the other MOBAS are cranking out more farm 'n lane festivals. Dominion and to a lesser degree TT and even Proving Grounds are beginning to be what's making LoL special.