The elephant in the room... Dominion as a mode won't grow without heavy promotion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarthorn

01-11-2013

Dom isn't growing simply because of the refusal to play draft mode.

Everyone who does play it plays it in blind pick making it impossible to take seriously due to everyone going for well known abusive champs like Amumu, Shen & Kass.

When Dom was first released and there were plenty of players in Draft things were a lot more fun while keeping the spirit competitive, with the death of the draft queue the mode is doomed to being stale as the same few champs get picked every game and the mode stagnates as nothing more but a "mode to test out champs"

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Just saw this thread for the first time. I couldn't agree more. It's Riot's turn to do something. I've tried with DD and pushing Dominion, but I can feel myself running out of fuel, and I have for a while. But it's slowly getting worse, and now that classes have started again, i'm worried I won't have any time promoting Dominion in general. So who's going to take it over? I'm only hoping Riot does... I started DD with a few things in mind... Promote Dominion, show it can be competitive, and offer a place for others to provide resources to players. I've done 2 of those, the third not going as well because finances are a bit of a problem when it comes to paying for a guide system and what not. But my end goal in it all was to eventually promote Dominion enough to get us ranked. So far i've failed, and ultimately I may fail, because i'm getting REEEEEAAALLLLYYYYY tired of dedicating all this time and money (i've put in well over a thousand dollars of my personal money into this) without seeing a single sign that shows we may get ranked. So yeah, Riot, let me pass the ball. It's now in your court, because i'm done.

Golly

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
Just saw this thread for the first time. I couldn't agree more. It's Riot's turn to do something. I've tried with DD and pushing Dominion, but I can feel myself running out of fuel, and I have for a while. But it's slowly getting worse, and now that classes have started again, i'm worried I won't have any time promoting Dominion in general. So who's going to take it over? I'm only hoping Riot does... I started DD with a few things in mind... Promote Dominion, show it can be competitive, and offer a place for others to provide resources to players. I've done 2 of those, the third not going as well because finances are a bit of a problem when it comes to paying for a guide system and what not. But my end goal in it all was to eventually promote Dominion enough to get us ranked. So far i've failed, and ultimately I may fail, because i'm getting REEEEEAAALLLLYYYYY tired of dedicating all this time and money (i've put in well over a thousand dollars of my personal money into this) without seeing a single sign that shows we may get ranked. So yeah, Riot, let me pass the ball. It's now in your court, because i'm done.
That's really discouraging. I wish I had something I could say to encourage you.

I really enjoy the tournaments. I think I speak for the rest of the of the Dominion community when I say thank you for all that you do/have done.

Redeemed In Fire

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
This just makes me want to go to PAX and rage at -- er, talk to a Rioter even more.

Chavez Obama

01-15-2013

I think most people appreciate what feed ski and dd are doing. There's only so much the community can do on its own though.

Riot needs to do something more if dominion is to really flourish. There have been many suggestions which if implemented should improve the mode. The reason that we have not been given changes is because (paraphrasing)we are not worth the manpower to them.

Can this change? Doesn't seem likely unless Riot has some unexpected change of will or paradigm. What remains is hope, but to me (and I am sure many others), that hope appears to be less supported as time goes on ('time' has been going for a long while) .

HaIfhearted

01-15-2013

I dunno, Feedski. I think there is ONE more thing you can do.

Get DD sponsored.

According to Gandair, we have the necessary prerequisites to get a sponsor, and the addition of cash prizes and/or swag to throw at the winners should help increase interest by a fair bit.

Phourc

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Get DD sponsored.
If that's doable, that would be A-MAY-ZAAAAAH.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
The ball is in Riot's court. It's really kind of ridiculous to say that the community needs to step it up.. the Dom community is very small in the grand scheme of things, and the hardcore Dom community (the only players who could ever be asked to actually promote Dominion) is even smaller, and they've already done so much, especially the DD organizers (mad props).

Riot just chooses not to support this game mode, it's the sad truth. There are simple things they could do to promote Dominion and create a massive influx of players overnight if they wanted to (Dom win of the day, for example), they just don't. I believe that Riot wants to create a varied game experience and attract different kinds of players, but that they want to keep the vast majority of players only interested in SR to make their lives easier.
This +1000

RockJockey

01-15-2013

bump

Eyemite

01-15-2013

It's just a matter of time honestly it's not like riot doesn't see these forums and posts all the time. The only possible thing I can think of is that they might believe that a ranked mode would split the community and negatively impact SR, and they would be correct. I can totally see people leaving SR in droves for a ranked dominion.