The elephant in the room... Dominion as a mode won't grow without heavy promotion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
There should be a guardsman bob for dominion.
+1 just for this

Digikid13

01-10-2013

I fully agree with this post, it's been something I have been looking into for a while. What could I possibly do to help the community grow. The main thing I have noticed is that plenty of people ask for a lot of stuff for riot to do. But in return they don't want to do anything to try to help grow the community one bit.

How can we show riot that we mean business if we aren't even trying ourselves?

Currently my goal is to stream atleast 5 hours of dominion every day to try to get some more exposure for it, but I am only one person. We need people to set up and see what it is they can do to try to make dominion more popular.

We need to stop posting about ranked dominion, I am pretty sure they have gotten the message by now, and start showing riot how much we really care about dominion. Cause right now only a few people have shown that they are here and mean business.

Genericke

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
The ball is in Riot's court. It's really kind of ridiculous to say that the community needs to step it up.. the Dom community is very small in the grand scheme of things, and the hardcore Dom community (the only players who could ever be asked to actually promote Dominion) is even smaller, and they've already done so much, especially the DD organizers (mad props).

Riot just chooses not to support this game mode, it's the sad truth. There are simple things they could do to promote Dominion and create a massive influx of players overnight if they wanted to (Dom win of the day, for example), they just don't. I believe that Riot wants to create a varied game experience and attract different kinds of players, but that they want to keep the vast majority of players only interested in SR to make their lives easier.
I agree with this. Why do we have to step it up and promote and bring attention to dominion? This is riot's game mode, and we're the players. A selfish (and realistic) person would say that riot needs to make it better for us, and not vice versa. Despite this we still have done soooo much for this gamemode, even during that time period when we saw absolutely nothing. I think everyone has contributed in some way. For example if I'm in a featured game and I get random friend requests, they're often viewers who want to talk about dominion and play a few games. I do this for them.

Riot has invested a lot in this, and we've proven that there's a huge dedicated player base. This game mode has so much potential. It really is up to riot now to change things.

Golly

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
I agree with this. Why do we have to step it up and promote and bring attention to dominion? This is riot's game mode, and we're the players. A selfish (and realistic) person would say that riot needs to make it better for us, and not vice versa. Despite this we still have done soooo much for this gamemode, even during that time period when we saw absolutely nothing. I think everyone has contributed in some way. For example if I'm in a featured game and I get random friend requests, they're often viewers who want to talk about dominion and play a few games. I do this for them.
As easy as it is to lay down and play dead, it is only slightly more difficult to upvote a reddit thread and watch a stream.

There is not a whole lot more for you to do. If you care at all about the mode, these things should be easy and rewarding.

Duelpower

01-10-2013

This is all a disguise to advertise digi! (lol)

Chaosos

01-10-2013

In terms of streaming, as another high ELO dom player I'd like to be able to start streaming once my GFX card on my main computer is fixed

Anyways, on balance:for champions: It pretty much is only Kass. Let's look at the Cheesecake tier via Sauron:
Teemo got b0rken with BFT. Guess what present we're getting next patch? BFT nerfs. Exactly what we need.
Jayce is b0rken as a super poking hyper-carry by getting items like IE. SR players are building trinity. I wonder why he's not seen as super good on SR?
KZ is now a known OP on SR, unfortunately he's not getting the nerfbat this next patch cycle, but he is likely to be smacked in another patch or two

Kass has just a fundamental design issue, which is on SR he's gated from his godlike mid and late game by his craptastic pre-6. The designers call it balance because his pre-6 is just that bad. Guess what though, that's not good design. Kass needs a power adjustment, because if you've ever played Kass on SR against someone in mid lane where they were incredibly worse than you and you got a free ticket to 6, you absolutely dominated as a super ganking high damage high CC monster. AKA how he is 100% of the time on dominion.

What can we conclude? Dominion, with itemization adjustments to make up for certain terrain changes and power shifts. Wards are too strong due to the way vision works and it would be super easy to light the map up like a christmas tree, so instead you just make items that give AOE reveals on a CD to give some control over vision but not excessively so. General lack of vision also makes melee champs stronger, so stronger itemization for ranged characters in terms of stronger damage output makes sense. Faster map pace means resources, which are balanced for SR, could use an adjustment. Other than that though, fundamentally broken character designs are broken (Teemo/nyandalee maybe being the exceptions to completely breaking the game due to bad design, but instead are breaking it with Nome's attempted buff to APs by BFT trap interaction)

Puerto Rican

01-10-2013

yup

Genericke

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
As easy as it is to lay down and play dead, it is only slightly more difficult to upvote a reddit thread and watch a stream.

There is not a whole lot more for you to do. If you care at all about the mode, these things should be easy and rewarding.
I do, and as I mentioned I add players who are interested in the game, and play matches with them/give them advice when needed. I'm saying that the dominion community has gone beyond the call of duty in playing its part for giving dominion visibility. It really is time for riot to step up their game.

DiscworldDeath

01-10-2013

Regarding rioters' mention of Dominion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2991282
All you need to do is upvote so it won't get closed from the majority of anti-Dominion posters, I'd link it on the NA-chat but I have to work this Friday (as in, right now).

Don't make that thread uber-negative, though, please. It's not a witch-hunt.

Also, what stops us from having our Guardsman Bob is that you need viewers. Having a streamer is a necessary condition, but it's hardly a sufficient one, to have viewership.
I've watched Digi's stream a couple of times as the only watcher, certainly the only one posting on the chat.

Phourc

01-11-2013

My 2c: Teemo is god-tier, guys. The fuzzy, adorable rat-*******. And he's STUPIDLY frustrating to fight against.

As it stands, this mode SHOULD NOT BE PROMOTED. People will start up a match, lose 3/4 of their health going from base to windmill (assuming intro Elo teemos know to BFT, I know they do even after I Elo-tanked.) go WTF! and never play it again.

However, once it's less messy? Yes, we absolutely need Riot's help to grow the community - but I think, since everyone *was* checking it out when it launched, we have probably one more shot at getting people's attention with the 'It's way better now!" line.

The main concern is this needs to get put into motion by Riot, and with their current lack of transparency we have NO idea if something of that scale is *capable* of happening.