The term "carry" should be removed from the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggroll9000

01-09-2013

The term "carry" should be removed from the game.

It's not a practical thought to believe you can "carry" the game. It's a team game and everyone needs to do their part to win.

Instead of "AD Carry". It should just be "Ranged AD".
Instead of "AP Carry". It should just be "AP Mage"

In no other team game is it practical to believe in a "carry". There's no "Point guard carry" or "Quarterback carry" or "Striker carry". It just doesn't make sense. You play a position on a 5 man team. There's no carry. You your best at your role and hope to win. Please remove the concept of carry from the game.

Selcopa

01-09-2013

They're not called carry because they carry the game.

They're called carry because you CARRY them to late game, then they're at their strongest.

obviously for AP mid game is stronger(with exceptions)

Also for your football reference, you allocate 5-6 players to blocking for the quarterback, you 'carry' him until he has enough time to make a big play, just like you carry a ranged ad until he has enough strength to take down the enemy team.

QueenOfTheReich

01-09-2013

tbh, I'm not sure which term of "carry" is correct. But why are you *****ing about this? It's always been called carry, and I doubt one person who has a strong opinion is going to sway anyone. I mean, the "attack damage carry" is the person who builds attack damage and attempts to carry the game by getting the farm and the kills while being aided by the various other people on the map.
Why do you care whether or not we use "carry?"

Selcopa

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrnchPenguin View Post
tbh, I'm not sure which term of "carry" is correct. But why are you *****ing about this? It's always been called carry, and I doubt one person who has a strong opinion is going to sway anyone. I mean, the "attack damage carry" is the person who builds attack damage and attempts to carry the game by getting the farm and the kills while being aided by the various other people on the map.
Why do you care whether or not we use "carry?"
Still wrong, why is Kog maw considered a hyper carry?

Because the team has to carry him for even longer than a standard 'carry' in order for him to reach his top level of power.

Thespian Tea

01-09-2013

"Hyper-carries" are also "carries" that become ridiculously strong after they have been "carried" to their peak. Vayne, for example-- she's "okay" early-mid, but late game she does so much damage in such a short amount of time that she will eliminate a team faster than her non-"hyper carry" counterparts.

sepetaiya

01-10-2013

ive been saying this for a long time.

theres no such thing as 'carry' in a team game.

people just have egos and like to think they are the sole reason for their win.

Baxter the Teddy

01-10-2013

And yet many of these players recording or streaming are CONSISTENTLY winning. THEY are the ONLY consistency .

Rh3toric

01-11-2013

The game is **** anyway who cares?

Selcopa

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepetaiya View Post
ive been saying this for a long time.

theres no such thing as 'carry' in a team game.

people just have egos and like to think they are the sole reason for their win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6N8SEkw4o

Proved you wrong