Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So is riot turning their backs on us for the old map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Time Rider

01-09-2013

Like many people, i like the new map, but it's not TT anymore. First of all, it feels like dominion more than SR, which is shouldn't. How can this be called TT with it's current looks....the old map was graphically impressive and actually looked like a forest, not proving grounds with 2 lanes.
I don't really feel like the new TT should be offered for rank....it would be like making Dominion ranked. All of this has already been said before so i won't list more things.

Why is riot ignoring us when there is a huge thread asking for BOTH maps to be available?
How would that change anything? Are they scared that no one will play the new map and go back to the old one? They posted once (from what i saw) and it got down-voted more than 90 times instantly.

Yea, it was called broken, but it was still really fun and intense in ranked.

@Riot, what is your justification for not offering both maps, since there is a big demand for it? It can only make more players happy with the game...

Eloquid

01-09-2013

No, it doesn't feel like dominion. Dominion is much more fun than the new TT (or SR for that matter in S3). New TT is shallow strategically wise in comparison to old map. Absolutely no depth, 1 hour long farmfest. Basically ARAM but right-left orientation.

Time Rider

01-09-2013

Quote:
Eloquid:
No, it doesn't feel like dominion. Dominion is much more fun than the new TT (or SR for that matter in S3). New TT is shallow strategically wise in comparison to old map. Absolutely no depth, 1 hour long farmfest. Basically ARAM but right-left orientation.

I kind of agree with you actually. I mean i don't hate the new TT, but i don't have a lot of fun with it. It should in no way have replaced the old TT.

Bendak

Recruiter

01-10-2013

It's not just us, it's everyone. Riot cares more about promoting and running their championships than they do about actually delivering content.

Remember when we used to get a new hero every two weeks (and a few two-new-hero weeks)? Riot had a quarter of the people they do now.

And yet, the only thing we get now is...a hero once a month...and nothing else...

Sindustry

Adjudicator

01-10-2013

No it's not everyone. I for one like it and also know that I'm not the exception, since most of my 3v3 friends like it too. Especially the fact that people can't just jump into your base/vilemaw to backdoor your team.

eLeeTeR

01-10-2013

New TT is much better than i had thought it would be... After playing it I do not unerstand how people are still raging over this...

Riot is not bringing the old TT map back so get used to this one and have fun!!

Warrensby

01-10-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2694690&page=288

Riot's response, as unsatisfying as it is.

Shentok

01-10-2013

My problem is the theme. I don't like that Riot is going for a Blizzard-esque design style. It almost feels like Blizzard should be opening a lawsuit at how much it looks like Diablo 3 content. I liked the old theme because it was something I could understand and grasp. How does a floating island provide a battlefield that the League would use? Zaun Twisted Treeline made sense. Zaun was an area that was associated with the League and would give land for the battles that the League staged.

Bobinatorlol

01-10-2013

Quote:
Shentok:
My problem is the theme. I don't like that Riot is going for a Blizzard-esque design style. It almost feels like Blizzard should be opening a lawsuit at how much it looks like Diablo 3 content. I liked the old theme because it was something I could understand and grasp. How does a floating island provide a battlefield that the League would use? Zaun Twisted Treeline made sense. Zaun was an area that was associated with the League and would give land for the battles that the League staged.

Just when I thought I have heard it all.....