Arcanis, the Hextech Colossus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosmech View Post
I LOVE THIS CHAMPION IDEA.

However, the concept is one of those that would be extremely difficult to balance. Passively immune to snares and slows is ridiculously powerful; I'd honestly say a 50% reduction in duration that stacks with Tenacity would be better in my opinion. He's still capable of blocking CC for your team, since he'd be reducing the duration of all snares and slows to 32.5% of their original duration. Morgana snares you? At max level that's less than 1 second of being snared. It's still extremely powerful without rendering entire champions and their CC completely useless passively. Olaf only gets his for a short duration and only when he spends mana on it, and only after level 6.

That said, as he stands right now, he could additionally be balanced by increasing the cooldown and cost of his Q. Blitzcrank's grab, an equally powerful initiation tool, costs 110 mana and has the same cooldowns as Arcanis' Q, which costs considerably less.

Also, as a nit-picking thing, Malphite's Ultimate is already called Unstoppable Force. Just FYI.

Also, while his ult looks really interesting, I'm not really sure how it's intended to work. How do you imagine it working in your mind?
You seem to be forgetting how many forms of cc there are other than snares and slows. Stuns, silences, blinds, suppression, fear, etc. all effect Arcanis normally, and reducing THEIR duration would be insanely powerful. Irelia gains 40% cc reduction, and only when there are a lot of nearby enemy champions.

I usually don't think mana cost is a huge balancing factor for abilities, to be honest. All it does is limit their spamability, and while Blitz can spam a grab all day long, spamming a dash is significantly riskier. Just because something is off cooldown doesn't mean you have a reason to cast it yet.

The Ult isn't nearly as complex as I think a lot of people read it as. Here's the basic run-down:
1. The ult requires charges, which are generated periodically.
2. On first cast (activating the ability), it works like any other targeted ability, like Kat's knives, Ryze's snare, etc. You point at someone, you click. Unlike their abilities, however, targeting someone doesn't trigger the ability, it merely places a debuff (Lets call it "Target: Acquired"), and Arcanis can continue targeting and marking enemies. While marking, he can't change course (Like any other ability) and right clicking will stop the targeting and allow Arcanis to move around. It will not, however, remove any marks, but will set him to a "pre first cast" state, meaning activating it again allows him to target more enemies, etc. Nothing goes on cooldown, nothing fires, etc.
3. While targeting, activating the ability again will send a missile to each target marked, based on the number of times they were marked. These missiles are treated as normal targeted ability projectiles, I.E. even if you leave range now, you're screwed.
4. On hit, each missile deals damage and then applies on-ability effects as if it were a single target spell (rather than the normal multi-target spell it would be considered.). This means targets are subjected to the regular 35% slow from Rylai's, etc.

The5lacker

01-18-2013

Bumpin'

The5lacker

01-19-2013

Bumpin'

WreckAttack

01-19-2013

ok the runeborn skin made me think of Shadow of the Colossus and that would be cool the runeborn skin was a direct reference to Shadow of the Colossus

The5lacker

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckAttack View Post
ok the runeborn skin made me think of Shadow of the Colossus and that would be cool the runeborn skin was a direct reference to Shadow of the Colossus
...Are they made of glowing runes and vines?

And making ANYTHING a direct reference is one of the least interesting things ever.

The5lacker

01-20-2013

Bumpin'

Anialator100

01-20-2013

the passive is Op and the slow on his E is op. i absolutly love the ultimate and the shield is very unique.

The5lacker

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anialator100 View Post
the passive is Op and the slow on his E is op. i absolutly love the ultimate and the shield is very unique.
Did I mention he's basically under a permanent 50% slow? BECAUSE HE'S BASICALLY UNDER A PERMANENT 50% SLOW.

Slow from his E is a touch excessive, I balanced it around the Frozen Mallet but forgot the FM is reduced to 30% for ranged characters, gonna tone it down a touch.

The5lacker

01-23-2013

Bumpin'

MegaEpish

01-23-2013

I think he did a great job especially with his lore and his ulti all in all better then blitz