Arcanis, the Hextech Colossus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

I must say, I freaking love this champ concept, the lore is very interesting, and he reminds me of a sort of "Armored Core" type mecha.

I'd say you have a very solid champion overall, and would love to see a champion similar to him implemented at some later date.

Good Work ^_^

The5lacker

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGan View Post
I must say, I freaking love this champ concept, the lore is very interesting, and he reminds me of a sort of "Armored Core" type mecha.

I'd say you have a very solid champion overall, and would love to see a champion similar to him implemented at some later date.

Good Work ^_^
Indeed, that was my intention. We have tanky characters, but we are at a want for a TANK. Slow, armored, and devastating.

The5lacker

01-13-2013

Bumpin'

The5lacker

01-14-2013

Bumpin'

The5lacker

01-15-2013

Bumpin'

Tahi Relle

01-16-2013

The major problem I have with his passive is that he can BLOCK other CC. With his model being bigger, and with benefits from other champs or items, The enemy(Or your) Team could stand behind him while he rolls forward and takes the hit from everything dangerous. Sure, Amumu and Malphite and Ali will still do their area stuns--but they are perma-banned for a reason.

The5lacker

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahi Relle View Post
The major problem I have with his passive is that he can BLOCK other CC. With his model being bigger, and with benefits from other champs or items, The enemy(Or your) Team could stand behind him while he rolls forward and takes the hit from everything dangerous. Sure, Amumu and Malphite and Ali will still do their area stuns--but they are perma-banned for a reason.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Yes, Arcanis's large size and inability to dodge skillshots is, in fact, what makes him such a potent tank! Much like Cho'Gath after a few hearty meals, Arcanis can interpose himself between an enemy Morgana and her snare of death, and the Caitlyn trying desperately go avoid the same gory fate as her comrades. On the flip side, if Arcanis is playing as the AD carry this time around, that large target is going to get him really hurt really fast.

Munkey20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

I'm with the others that says that immunity to those CCs is too powerful, but I will throw out something else.

How about he is effected by slows, snares and roots, but slows he only takes part of the effectiveness from it and snares and roots he is just slowed by them? Like if he is hit by Dark Binding or something he isn't rooted, but slowed by 15%. 15% isn't much, but it could turn the tide a bit while still not breaking him. The maximum amount he could be slowed could be 15% from all sources and slows down stack on him. I like the no knockups and knockbacks and the rest of this idea. Its really cool and I bet some people would find it alot of fun to play.

I like the missle spam ult. I had something like that in one of my old concepts, but it was like a carpet bombing than a bunch of targetted missles. My old one built up charges and it increased the damage and area covered the more charges you had, yours seems alot more refined.

Overall I really like this champion, a giant hulking metal monster that knows how to take a hit would be nice to see.

The5lacker

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey20 View Post
I'm with the others that says that immunity to those CCs is too powerful, but I will throw out something else.

How about he is effected by slows, snares and roots, but slows he only takes part of the effectiveness from it and snares and roots he is just slowed by them? Like if he is hit by Dark Binding or something he isn't rooted, but slowed by 15%. 15% isn't much, but it could turn the tide a bit while still not breaking him. The maximum amount he could be slowed could be 15% from all sources and slows down stack on him. I like the no knockups and knockbacks and the rest of this idea. Its really cool and I bet some people would find it alot of fun to play.

I like the missle spam ult. I had something like that in one of my old concepts, but it was like a carpet bombing than a bunch of targetted missles. My old one built up charges and it increased the damage and area covered the more charges you had, yours seems alot more refined.

Overall I really like this champion, a giant hulking metal monster that knows how to take a hit would be nice to see.
Treating snares as 100% slows and the reducing all slows by a percent was something I considered, but I basically decided that the best thing to do would be to make him slow but unstoppable. Yes, it makes some methods of confronting him useless. That's a good thing. There should always be a time where something just doesn't work. Be it through item or ability, there should always be at least one instance of an "impossible scenario."

Chaosmech

01-16-2013

I LOVE THIS CHAMPION IDEA.

However, the concept is one of those that would be extremely difficult to balance. Passively immune to snares and slows is ridiculously powerful; I'd honestly say a 50% reduction in duration that stacks with Tenacity would be better in my opinion. He's still capable of blocking CC for your team, since he'd be reducing the duration of all snares and slows to 32.5% of their original duration. Morgana snares you? At max level that's less than 1 second of being snared. It's still extremely powerful without rendering entire champions and their CC completely useless passively. Olaf only gets his for a short duration and only when he spends mana on it, and only after level 6.

That said, as he stands right now, he could additionally be balanced by increasing the cooldown and cost of his Q. Blitzcrank's grab, an equally powerful initiation tool, costs 110 mana and has the same cooldowns as Arcanis' Q, which costs considerably less.

Also, as a nit-picking thing, Malphite's Ultimate is already called Unstoppable Force. Just FYI.

Also, while his ult looks really interesting, I'm not really sure how it's intended to work. How do you imagine it working in your mind?