Arcanis, the Hextech Colossus

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

01-09-2013

Name: Arcanis, the Hextech Colossus
Attack: 6
Defense: 10
Ability: 4
Difficulty: 7
Attributes: Ranged, Tank, Mage, Carry

Base Stats
- Health: 514 (+104)
- Health Regen: 6.3 (+0.6)
- Mana: 305 (+45)
- Mana Regen: 8.4 (+0.7)
- Attack Damage: 52 (+4)
- Attack Speed: 0.603 (+0.94%)
- Attack Range: 650
- Armor: 22 (+4)
- Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
- Movement Speed: 300

Abilities

- Passive - War Machine
- Arcanis ignores unit collision and is immune to all slows, snares, and roots. Knockback and knockup effects only stun him (which can be reduced by crowd control reduction, unlike other knockback and knockup effects). Other forms of crowd control still effect him normally, however, he is so heavy that he only gets 50% of the bonus from any effect that increases his speed.
- Note - Though not part of his passive, Arcanis has a very large model, roughly 50% bigger than the average champion's.

- Q - Afterburner Charge
- Active - Arcanis charges to a point, dealing 55/90/125/160/195 (+0.7 per bonus AD) physical damage to enemies in his path. Initially a projectile speed of 800, speed increases by up to 200% and damage increases by up to 100% based on distance traveled, dealing a max damage of 110/180/250/320/390 (+1.4 per bonus AD) physical damage. Enemies at the edge of the charge are knocked aside, and enemies in the center are knocked back up to 400 units, based on distance traveled, and carried along to the end of the charge (Taking the maximum damage the charge could deal).
- Cost: 60/75/90/105/120 mana
- Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds
- Range: 875

- W - Defense Screens
- Toggle - Arcanis generates an absorption shield with a max strength of 60/100/140/180/220 (+10% max mana), generating 5% of its max strength per second in combat and 20% per second out of combat. Shield dissipates at a rate of 40% of its max strength per second after being deactivated.
- Cost: 15 mana per second

- E - Concussion Shells
- Passive - Arcanis deals 10/15/20/25/30 (+0.3 per AP) extra physical damage on hit, and slows enemies hit by 20% for 1.5 seconds.
- Toggle (Artillery Stance) - Arcanis roots himself to the ground, gaining 100/125/150/175/200 increased attack range, 20/25/30/35/40% increased armor penetration, and his attacks splash, dealing 60% damage and applying on-hit effects to enemies within 200 units. Artillery Stance has a cast time of 0.75 seconds and a deactivation time of 0.75 seconds, and autoattacks in Artillery Stance cost mana.
- Cost: 15/16.25/17.5/18.75/20 mana per attack

- Ultimate - Hailfire Barrage
- Passive - Arcanis passively builds and stores missile charges every 4/3.5/3 seconds (effected by cooldown reduction.) Arcanis can store up to 8/12/16 missiles.
- Active (first cast) - Arcanis gains a targeting reticule, marking any number of targets within range. Enemies can be marked up to 4 times, and are unmarked if Arcanis loses sight of them.
- Active (second cast) - Arcanis fires a missile at each target marked (for each time they were marked), dealing 45/60/75 (+0.2 per AP) (+0.2 per bonus AD) magic damage with each missile. Missiles apply on-ability-hit effect as if they were single target spells.
- Cost: 15 mana + 1 charge per missile
- Cooldown: 3 seconds
- Range: 1050

Lore

While the brilliant scientist Viktor and his team constructed the steam golem Blitzcrank for manual labor, other teams had far darker intentions for their intelligent constructs. Doctor Samuel Arcanis, a prestigious inventor of Zaun who'd had numerous potent designs under his belt, known throughout both Zaun and Piltover for his ceaseless ambition and incredible brilliance. However, when he began hearing reports of Blitzcrank's completion and full fledged sentience, he began throwing all caution to the wind, working day and night to replicate the impossible and construct a creation of his own, in a body fit for intelligence. He sought to imbue his creation with all of his knowledge, drive, and fury, and succeeded.

Oh how he succeeded.

In the final stages of development, Dr. Arcanis began personally constructing what would become the creature's brain. The advanced circuitry surged with potent magics, and in his sleep deprived and manic state, Arcanis was completely oblivious to the dangers of such an unstable piece of machinery. He learned the hard way just how powerful a tool he'd developed.

A surge of energy flowed through the brain and him as he installed it into the construct, draining his soul and his mind into the vessel, and the construct itself. The transfer drove him mad, his manic thoughts causing the creation to stagger around, thrashing and tearing through the labs, and toppling nearly an entire wing of the College of Techmaturgy. When he was finally brought under control, the Council of Zaun decided to see what he and his machine are capable of, and sent him to the Institute of War.

"See? Look at him, embracing the glorious evolution. It has given him strength, and it has given him purpose." -Viktor

Quotes
- On Pick: Immortality...is glorious.
- On Move: These iron limbs of mine...
- On Move: I feel...nothing...
- On Move: Unstoppable...
- On Attack: Destruction.
- On Attack: Leaving a crater.
- On Attack: They shall know fear.
- Taunt: I could step on you, and hardly notice it.
- Joke: I have no mouth, and I must scream.
- Joke: *Screams* Oh, erm, nevermind. I'm good.

Skins
- Runeborn Arcanis - Arcanis is made of of runed stones and vines, similar to Earthrune Skarner or Runeborn Xerath. Spell effects and attack effects more "magical."
- Ascended Arcanis - Arcanis appears almost "alien," glowing with a blue light and made of a golden metal with numerous curves and arches (Similar to the design aesthetics of the Protoss from Starcraft.)

(Art isn't mine, I take no credit for art.)

The5lacker

01-10-2013

Bumpin'

Tahi Relle

01-10-2013

Arcanis ignores unit collision and is immune to all slows, snares, and roots

No, No, no and NO. Being passively immune to a majority of crowd control effects is wacky and broken. Even with the speed hampered, his ability to go in and tank all of the enemy CC(Like a good tank should) and suffer no drawback is broken. Giving him a 800 range charge (As a comparison, Ashe's attack range is 600) is downright unfair given that most defensive abilities one could use in response to him don't effect him.

Aside from that, I really like his concept. Esspecially the OTHER end of his passive stating that he can't be knocked up/back. It really adds to that "I'm too freaking big" feeling. Instead of being immune to very common crowd control that would likely affect him more (How hard can it be to Slow a huge chunk of metal?) Make him immune to more obscure things, such as fear or blind. You're not going to make a moving fortress afraid of you.

One thing you could incorperate, making that "Unstopable" part of his Q more real is him being immune to Crowd Control While moving, or after he's built up "X" speed from it.

I'm enthralled by how his shield works. I love it, simple as that.

I like his Artilery Stance, and the range increase could suffer to be a bit larger, since he becoming immobile because of it. The cast time to get out might need a bit of a boost, however, since it could be used as a really cheap chasing method to pop back and forth between both modes, Slowing when they get to far and moving forward, then slowing again.

Im not quite sure how the Ultimate works, But I think I like it.

The5lacker

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahi Relle View Post
Arcanis ignores unit collision and is immune to all slows, snares, and roots

No, No, no and NO. Being passively immune to a majority of crowd control effects is wacky and broken. Even with the speed hampered, his ability to go in and tank all of the enemy CC(Like a good tank should) and suffer no drawback is broken. Giving him a 800 range charge (As a comparison, Ashe's attack range is 600) is downright unfair given that most defensive abilities one could use in response to him don't effect him.

Aside from that, I really like his concept. Esspecially the OTHER end of his passive stating that he can't be knocked up/back. It really adds to that "I'm too freaking big" feeling. Instead of being immune to very common crowd control that would likely affect him more (How hard can it be to Slow a huge chunk of metal?) Make him immune to more obscure things, such as fear or blind. You're not going to make a moving fortress afraid of you.

One thing you could incorperate, making that "Unstopable" part of his Q more real is him being immune to Crowd Control While moving, or after he's built up "X" speed from it.

I'm enthralled by how his shield works. I love it, simple as that.

I like his Artilery Stance, and the range increase could suffer to be a bit larger, since he becoming immobile because of it. The cast time to get out might need a bit of a boost, however, since it could be used as a really cheap chasing method to pop back and forth between both modes, Slowing when they get to far and moving forward, then slowing again.

Im not quite sure how the Ultimate works, But I think I like it.
He only has 850 range while immobile. He's not immune to his own rooting, duh. And what good is a slow on a character who can't get above 400 move speed anyways? Who's going to try to slow him? He's basically slowed himself permanently, and again, has to be immobile to get truly insane range. Kog'Maw, Tristana, and Twitch all still outrange him while he's mobile, and Caitlyn matches him one for one, with a significantly better attack speed.

Void22

01-10-2013

I agree with Tahi about the passive but I really love the champ as a concept. The hailfire barrage is an especially nice idea

The5lacker

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void22 View Post
I agree with Tahi about the passive but I really love the champ as a concept. The hailfire barrage is an especially nice idea
Look at it this way: What's the purpose of a slow or a snare? It's an escape.

How do you escape from Arcanis? You walk away. Easy as that. He's basically perpetually under a roughly 30% slow, depending on how much movement speed he's built, and his only gap closer has a long as hell cooldown and, well, is kinda slow in and of itself.

Even with the potential slows he has (Concussive Shells + Frozen Mallet = 66% slow. Ow.), it's only as long as he can keep you within range. Any character with a dash, jump, or teleport can get out of his range and wait to re-engage on their own terms.

The5lacker

01-12-2013

Bumpin'

The5lacker

01-12-2013

Bumpin'

sirWindWaker

01-12-2013

I feel what the others said about the immunity to slows and escapes may be true. Even though you said that there would be no reason to waste slows/ snares on him, because he's naturally slow, it doesn't really matter, that's still one mistake the enemy could make, that would just end up putting their cc on cd. The way I see it is if he gets started on a few kills, he's basically an unstoppable champ with that passive. I mean how do you stop him?

The5lacker

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirWindWaker View Post
I feel what the others said about the immunity to slows and escapes may be true. Even though you said that there would be no reason to waste slows/ snares on him, because he's naturally slow, it doesn't really matter, that's still one mistake the enemy could make, that would just end up putting their cc on cd. The way I see it is if he gets started on a few kills, he's basically an unstoppable champ with that passive. I mean how do you stop him?
Easy: You keep out of range. You focus him. If he's building tanky, he's not much of a threat, and if he's building damage, he can still be focused. You'd deal with him like you'd deal with any carry or tank.

In addition, there are still a LOT of cc that he's vulnerable to. Stuns, silences, blinds, and suppression still crush him, and lets be honest: The idea of turning him into a cuddly pink squirrel has been on everyone's minds.

12345 ... 6