Glyphs are Boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghyrt

01-09-2013

I know runes aren't really items, but this seems like the most appropriate place for this thread.

Anyway, I've noticed that most (maybe 90%) of rune pages both in guides and my own builds use MR glyphs. I use AP glyphs and I know some people use armor and CDR glyphs, but they aren't nearly as common. It seems that there is much more diversity of choices when it comes to the other rune types.

Does anyone else wish there were more decision-making when it came to glyphs? Perhaps a nerf to MR glyphs or a buff to some of the other glyphs?

Puerto Rican

01-10-2013

TealNinje

01-10-2013

For most of my champions, I only run CDR Glyphs.

Jamvert

01-11-2013

I though they seemed more varied that the marks and seals, to be honest. The marks just give a large number so slightly different boosts to your auto attack damage and the seals are just mana or armor.

The reason everyone gets MR glyphs might just be because they are a lot cheaper and more well rounded.

Aggrbargl

01-11-2013

As long as runes and rune pages remain absurdly expensive, I'd much rather be able to use the same ones with as many champions as possible. If Riot want diversity, they need to reduce the time it takes to get multiple sets.

ChiSqrd

01-12-2013

Maybe because MR per level Glyphs are he best? I mean armor is taken care of with the Seals, and offense is taken care of through the Marks and Quints.

Ghyrt

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvert View Post
I though they seemed more varied that the marks and seals, to be honest. The marks just give a large number so slightly different boosts to your auto attack damage and the seals are just mana or armor.

The reason everyone gets MR glyphs might just be because they are a lot cheaper and more well rounded.
Interesting. I just reexamined my runes: I have 4 types of marks, 2 types of seals, 2 types of glyphs, and 5 types of quints. I'm surprised to hear that your marks are less varied. I'm also surprised to find that my seals are just as boring as my glyphs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrbargl View Post
As long as runes and rune pages remain absurdly expensive, I'd much rather be able to use the same ones with as many champions as possible. If Riot want diversity, they need to reduce the time it takes to get multiple sets.
By the time I reached level 30, I could afford to fill a rune page. I now have 11 rune pages with 13 types of runes and I don't feel it put a huge dent in my ability to buy champions. I don't think lowering the price is really necessary; if there were more reason to buy different glyphs, people would save up and possibly play more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
Maybe because MR per level Glyphs are he best? I mean armor is taken care of with the Seals, and offense is taken care of through the Marks and Quints.
That's precisely my problem. Mana glyphs, for example, should be strong enough that more people use them. Games are less interesting when there are "decisions" where players choose one option most of the time. That was one of the key ideas behind the S3 item update.

Ghyrt

01-15-2013

bump