What is my best plan of action in this situation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

01-09-2013

I came across this scenario recently.

we came out slightly ahead in a teamfight slightly below the baron pit, losing 2 champs to their 3. the enemy hecarim is in full retreat, while the other 2 members of my team are off chasing him (i wouldn't bother, to be honest, but i have no control over their actions)

The enemy jax is MIA and was MIA for the fight. the baron ward has expired and the mid lane minions are fighting slightly in front of the enemy's destroyed first turret.

I am playing the ADC and have about half health remaining. I have an IE and a dagger, building into a zeal the next time i back to base. I have a 432 bounty on my head due to a kill streak

I could

1) chase the Hec along with my teammates
2) try to push down the 2nd mid tower
3) go back to base to get that zeal
4) farm some jungle creeps

as it turned out i went back to farm wraiths and wolves before going back to base, and jax came to hec's aid and picked off one of the two guys chasing him, the other teammate burning flash to escape.

what could i have done better in this situation? i would have gone to take out the second turret but jax could take me out no problem without support (actually, anyone with a gap closer can take out an ADC 1 v 1). what would you guys have chosen to do?

Dre4mwalk3r

01-09-2013

I'd spam yellow-ping on other 2 team members, probably.

Hirumonogatari

01-09-2013

you could do that, but i was just wondering what is the best course of action for you as an individual? what would you be doing while spamming warning pings? standing still in place?

Dre4mwalk3r

01-09-2013

Probably I'd do same as you - farm some jungle creeps, if both our red and blue are dead (so there is less chance for Jax to be in our jungle).
Also depends on champion, say, Tris/Corki/Ez can get away with higher probability in case of Jax actually attacking you. Also you can try to get your teammates to push second tower and not chase Hecarim if you're sure you'll deal with Jax 3v1 (he's not overfed, he won't oneshot your HP, etc).
But my opinion is probably useless cause I didn't even play a single ranked yet Though for me it seems the most logical course of action.

Ronyk

01-09-2013

If I were playing an ADC in that situation, I think I would have finished off the minion wave in mid (but not push any further), keeping my eyes on the fog of war. In this situation, I like to be far away enough from my teammates so I can get away if they are a speedbump, but help them if they live a few seconds. Upon seeing Jax jump them I would have to make a split second descion: either a) leave them to die (smart choice) or b) run just close enough to help provide an escape (as Draven, my knockback/slow is perfect for this), then I run like hell. If I cleared the 1 minion wave and still didn't see Jax, I would have recalled.

Of course, I would send two retreat pings. One for each of them.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Objectives are always important, and unlike jungle camps, give global gold, so all your teammates would benefit.

I'd have moved to the tower, blue pinging it and yellow pinging the chase.

Uncanny Doom

01-09-2013

Ping them to fall back constantly.

Chasing isn't a good idea like 90% of the time in this game.

Hirumonogatari

01-09-2013

on hindsight i would most certainly have mowed down the tower since jax was going to attack them in the north part of blue's forest, but without that prior knowledge i wasn't sure what the best course of action was.

do people actually pay attention to pings? it never made a difference in my experiences ._.

Hirumonogatari

01-10-2013

bump for any more opinions please. thanks

powwder

01-10-2013

the horses name was friday.

either tower or wraths. probally wraths though since you are low health and a adc