Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: About Diana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l kyuubi l

01-09-2013

Are you guys finished with her buffs, or are there still more to come? I understand your caution in re-buffing a champion, but I felt she was hardly problematic to begin with.

While the nerfs make her pretty close to unplayable, I still play her from time to time because I love the champion.

Currently, my thoughts on her current iteration are as follows:

Crescent Strike damage is rather low, and I would've preferred a higher mana cost instead of lower damage, but this can be circumvented late game, because the scaling is still pretty good. I won't complain too much about this.

Pale Cascade feels awkward to use at times due to the shorter range, as I'll often find myself not proccing the final orb off of a target I'm dueling, and often end up dying as a result. This could be fixed by increasing the orb rotation speed very slightly. In team fights and large skirmishes, it tends not to be an issue, but in duels, it is very noticeable.

Moonfall is still as good as to be expected. It has a smaller impact on a fight, but, the slow is still a nice touch that can't be ignored.

Lunar Rush is almost there, but it probably should be brought up to 875 to at least match the range on her Crescent Strike. As it stands, you have an awkward 50-75 range to walk before you can dash to your target, making her play style far less fluid than before, which I feel was a large part of her character that is now missing. Everything from her auto attacks to her spell animations had a feeling of grace and a flow to it that made sense with her aesthetic, but because the Lunar Rush is so broken up from the Crescent Strike, it feels awkward and slightly clunky.

These are just my thoughts and opinions (as unbiased as I could get) on the champion as she currently stands on the PBE. Make no mistake, I don't want to see her nerfed again, so I am not trying to suggest changes that would make her absolutely broken or ridiculously overpowered - just things I feel she needs to make her viable in ranked play again.

Edit: Also, restore her headdress on the Dark Valkyrie skin, pretty please? ^_^

OxBaker

01-09-2013

Hope these minor changes they made to here weren't it cause they won't help improve her win rate much at all.

l kyuubi l

01-09-2013

Quote:
OxBaker:
Hope these minor changes they made to here weren't it cause they won't help improve her win rate much at all.

That's what I'm thinking.. I'm hoping for more, because she's so far down right now. Makes me sad.

Xaedo

01-09-2013

winrate=/= balanced

also her pbe changes weren't implemented yet on Live.

also don't whine, it is unbecoming

l kyuubi l

01-09-2013

Quote:
Xaedo:
winrate=/= balanced

also her pbe changes weren't implemented yet on Live.

also don't whine, it is unbecoming

How can you argue that an even winrate does not make a balanced champion? I don't understand that. If you have an exactly even 50/50 chance of winning, does that not mean that the champion is balanced?

Perhaps your feelings on a champion trump statistics (for whatever reason), but in my opinion, and from a platinum level of play, I can honestly say that yes, she was pretty darn balanced for a champion.

I'm not whining; I proposed a set of tweaks and nothing more.

Nemeroth

01-09-2013

"Also, restore her headdress on the Dark Valkyrie skin, pretty please? ^_^"

unfortunately they had to remove the headress because it was to be/too close to syndra's. They took it off because it made the champs look too similar or some such malarky. i believe you can find the original model on the custom skin site though

Xyltin

01-10-2013

Scarra thinks she is fine.

She was not balanced. She was maybe ok in solo queue, but for a premade team (tournaments) she was too good.

The buffs seems to be fine. She will get pushed a bit more into the jungle now.

And if we go for win rates, we should buff panth and Vi. Orianna and Gragas. A lot of strong picks would need buffs then.
Do you really want to buff Jax and Vanye?

l kyuubi l

01-10-2013

Quote:
Xyltin:
Scarra thinks she is fine.

She was not balanced. She was maybe ok in solo queue, but for a premade team (tournaments) she was too good.

The buffs seems to be fine. She will get pushed a bit more into the jungle now.

And if we go for win rates, we should buff panth and Vi. Orianna and Gragas. A lot of strong picks would need buffs then.
Do you really want to buff Jax and Vanye?

If we go purely off of winrate in tournaments, in the tournament she saw greatest use in (IPL5) she had an exactly even 50/50.

Personally, I don't see that being ridiculously overpowered at high levels of play, that's pretty much where you want to have a champion from my perspective.

Maybe I'm missing something subtle and nuanced, but I don't think she was problematic.

Mysnomer

01-10-2013

Quote:
Nemeroth:
"Also, restore her headdress on the Dark Valkyrie skin, pretty please? ^_^"

unfortunately they had to remove the headress because it was to be/too close to syndra's. They took it off because it made the champs look too similar or some such malarky. i believe you can find the original model on the custom skin site though

:\ We know why it's gone, but that's an awful excuse. Take from an established champion because a new champion is coming out? That's the reverse of logical. Also, if you look at the Syndra art concepts, there were waaaaaaaay cooler ideas than what they went with 9_9

Sir Fuzzy

01-10-2013

Diana was fine in the same way Akali is fine except that she had the misfortune of becoming FOTM. low elo (of which I am one of the 60% that make up the 1200 range) had problems with good Diana's (which actually were rare) but the pro's didn't really give a **** about her.
Now she is garbage. Her shield especially has ruined her jungle. It's radius being lowered destroyed her clear times and with the new jungle being a bit slower she is barely viable. There is no reason to pick her over a Shyvana or Lee Sin at this point.