Supporting sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimmWullf

01-09-2013

Yes i am relatively new to the game as well only level 10 But i have found i love playing support, generally u Duo que with my little brother and he plays ADC bot lane with me, i love it, warding getting him the kills and steam rolling bot on 80%

I enjoy the challenge

Dextrocasual

01-10-2013

I basically agree with everything the OP said. I also main support and I get those moments where I get into que and all other lanes get called and I rage a little bit and say, no I'm not doing bot lane this game. I DO IT EVERY GAME.

Usually its those pieces of **** who insta-call mid or top as first or second pick that refuse to give up their spot so I can have an easy game as mid or something. If I get stuck in support role even when I really dont want to that is when I take it upon myself to play a very non-traditional support and if the rest of my team doesn't like it I just say, "**** off nobody else will support but me, so I'll go who I want."

Mid and top are easy as pie compared to adc or support. I think adc is slightly more stressful though.

TGC Sir Auron

01-10-2013

How bout you get gold generation runes and masteries? Learn the game before you rage at a role dummy

deirin

01-10-2013

well...beside from 1k elo where ppl dont even know what adc is...i think...support is fine...

WrathChild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbitas View Post

My rant is pretty much about this:

Bot support needs a way to get gold that doesn't depend on the other team feeding or playing bad.
Stop right there.
Supports are in a good place right now. Better than they were last season.
Their auto atks give gold now.

/Thread

JanosWuryon

01-10-2013

Im 30-12 with Taric in ranked, I dont by Gp10 items and I don't have Gold runes. There are several perfectly viable styles of support that can be played. You seem to be raging about the squishy healer support and I get that but you choose the kind of support you are. I never build aegis or really any of the "support" items. I pressure the hell out of the opposing carry, set up kills for my team and, while I do like to play other roles, Im never bored with the support job.

I would suggest expanding into other styles of support.

1. Tank support (Taric, Leona, shen, sion) harrass early, tank late. gives you a more active early and late game feeling.

2. Gank support ( alistar, Blitz, shen, rammus) use pulls, taunts and flips to seperate enemies for kills.

3. Aggro support ( Ryze, Teemo) Cs when adc cant and kill kill kill.

all these take some work to master but the builds and experience are much different then heal spamming sona and soraka all game.

Just remember your support role is to enable the carry to dominate into late game and stifle enemy advancements. How you do that is up to you

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Whenever I end up playing support I usually have a blast unless my adc is trash. Plus with pick pocket you and gold gen you make enough gold to get items, unless your not getting kills. It's so much fun when you play a tanky support like ali and just combo people and watch as they die with so much anger to the cow. Or playing Sona and early game the other adc is afraid of your q when you have it ready to proc your passive. It's lots of fun you just need to find a support you enjoy.

Fants E Pants

01-10-2013

Well would you rather have a fed ADC with someone that can heal to support him or 2 ADCs with half the farm, doing half the damage?

LogicalTautology

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanosWuryon View Post
Im 30-12 with Taric in ranked, I dont by Gp10 items and I don't have Gold runes. There are several perfectly viable styles of support that can be played. You seem to be raging about the squishy healer support and I get that but you choose the kind of support you are. I never build aegis or really any of the "support" items. I pressure the hell out of the opposing carry, set up kills for my team and, while I do like to play other roles, Im never bored with the support job.
You would definitely be having more success in Ranked if you changed your Taric build, since the one you have used recently (Thornmail, Rod of Ages) is definitely suboptimal.

Rod takes too long for you to build it for it to max out in a timely fashion, and AP is rather useless on you for everything but your Heal, and it's not a spammable Heal anyways. Thornmail is just a huge waste of money on Taric: you already have much higher Armor than MR due to your W (which you max first), and no one in their right mind will be autoattacking you in teamfights anyways.

Forrestfire15

01-10-2013

The funny thing is that, as a support main, I love playing the role for exactly the reasons you hate it.

Of course supporting is frantic and hectic bot lane, because you have so many jobs to do. It is the second-hardest role in the game, after all.

I like being able to affect the game without having to focus every second on farming minions; I can move to harass, or ward, or leave lane to roam if my carry is doing fine. Heck, if I need to, I can just wait a bit longer at base to buy an item, since my gold income is not tied to minions.

That idea that supports don't get gold? Do you not have GP10 runes or buy items to give you gold? I've never had an issue buying items in addition to philo, sightstone and wards