Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aether Kayle doesn't feel legendary

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enterti

01-14-2013

I suppose my current thoughts on he skin are that it just needs more pizzaz. Like glowing blue lights coming out of the wings or something to just make it more epic.

scatologic

01-14-2013

I think the "choppiness" referrs to the fact that with her E active she only swings her sword in one direction every time, never back and forth like her regular auto attack. The result is with high attack speed it's as if she is never actually swinging her sword, just "blinking" damage to her opponent.

Ogaflow

01-14-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Hey guys, thanks so much for taking the time to give your feedback and report any issues you've seen with the skin!

Ogaflow, can you explain this a little more? Are you actually seeing Kayle disappear between her attacks? If so, can you please let me know what your video settings are and provide your dxdiag? Thanks!

It's not so much of a she completely vanishes kind of thing, just that it seems her animation takes too long to complete so at higher attack speed values it feels like she is just blinking around. My graphics are down low but she doesn't completely disappear between attacks no. Other comments have also touched on this, I believe the best one I feel was that it just feels choppy and not fluid.

Helm

01-14-2013

eh, the only feedback I have is that I like the new walking animations that make her look like she's gliding and I like the enhanced sword. I however am not a fan of the wings. Kayle is the closest thing we have to a paladin in this game (taric is too....fabulous), so I was hoping for something a bit closer to divine than hextech.

Neo Cyrus

01-14-2013

Wilwariniel what are the odds the face can be changed for the old one? Given a side by side comparison I have no doubt the large majority would prefer the old look... the new one is just strange.

Daemon

01-14-2013

I feel like the skin needs more armor or something, at least some yellow colors on her thighs to match with the rest of the outfit.

As for the AA, this is how I describe it: It's like a looping GIF. It starts from the first frame, plays to the 10th frame and then immediately goes back to frame 1 without a smooth transition. It's jerky. It should be like a stereograph, a GIF that perfectly loops.

Using completely unrelated GIFs, I'll describe AE Kayle's AA:

AE Kayle's AA is jerky and unflowing like this: http://s2.favim.com/orig/36/fox-funny-gif-glee-haha-Favim.com-292675.gif

When it should flow in a perfect loop like this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/9e3ffc41b057dd3740e7bf9d1d85d58c/tumblr_mgbpsvWZBW1rkjwj6o1_500.gif

blundpuck

01-15-2013

her body is too tiny, next to Ezrael and others she looks like a fairy

MySpoon

01-15-2013

It's right here. The attack animation feels awful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azR10aSTRYg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azR10aSTRYg)

HellrazahSD

01-15-2013

Someone mentioned the skin lacks effects.. the thing is Aether Wing DOES have them, but perhaps they are not nearly as bright as they should be. In this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS0ydueP6QE) you can cleary see them, but some clips are slowed down and zoomed to show the detail.. I think Riot did great.. although maybe just a few minor tweaks and it'd be perfect.

The tweaks I would suggest would be...

Reckoning (Q) - It is good, but it lacks boom. From her classic skin to her other non-legendary skins her Q was much larger and more noticable than her legendary. Do not changethe color, it is perfect!

Divine Blessing (W) - It looks almost identicle to her classic and other skins. I noticed the added icon/symbol, but perhaps it flashes way too fast to notice it.

Righteous Fury (E) - I really have no complaints here.. her attack animation MIGHT be a bit too fast which may cause a lack of fluent movement while swinging. Ehh.. nothing big.

Intervention (R) - Love it.. zero complaints. Her wings expanding is just an extra bonus, didn't expect that

Anyone check her recall out, death animation in the video I linked.. near the end if ya wanna skip passed the emotes and spells.

MeanderingBeaver

01-15-2013

Aether Wing Kayle – Feedback

Skin (Textures & design): Overall I like how the skin looks. Mechanical wings & the armor sync up well together. Silhouette is unique. I personally like to see more play on limbs (Fancy flight stabilizer boots!)

Skin (VFX): I only include this section because I’d think it be cool to play a little more with her wings (This ties into below: “Skills (VFX) Righteous Fury&#8221
While she is just moving around perhaps up the intensity of the small blue particles flying out of the wings (Get that energy wing feeling going) get a better feeling of propulsion http://0.s3.envato.com/files/1154425/124_particles_and_optical_flares_blue.jpg
^ As an example.
Think it would help add to her overall low animation movements while she is flying (running)
While Righteous Fury is active could have either: A) particles start pouring out of her wings more intensely or B) Change the color of the particles. C) Both?

Animations:

Attack (Low Speed) – Think this is where a lot of the previous mentions of “awkward” come from. At low attack speeds the big sweeping strokes from her attacks seem very awkward. Especially if the attack loop picks up the same attack animation more than once(i.e. swinging from right to left, then again swinging from right to left). Also it looks like way too much effort is going into each swing for such a slow attack.

Attack (High Speed) – At higher speeds the attacks look better. The large sweeping strokes tie in with the attack speed and looks more natural. Repeating attack loops do look strange though when you catch them.

Movement – There are elements of her moving I like and elements I don’t. When she spreads her wings and glides looks great. When the wings are folded back and she moves it looks… how best to describe it… Looks like when you are in a game with high latency and characters are just skating around without any animations.

Recall – Love it. (VFX in the wings while she is doing this?)

Skills (VFX):

Reckoning – Seems ok. Lackluster, but it’s an energy bolt… reads as an energy bolt. Be kind of cool to see her gathering the power for the skill through her wings. Integrate her skin features more to her various skills. i.e. Energy travels down through the wings to her hands as she fires.

Divine Blessing – I actually had a hard time seeing this skill fire. Aside from the animation loop she plays the VFX for the heal // buff is very small. (I actually ran into a few instances where I was not sure if I had actually fired the skill.)

Righteous Fury – I really like the effects on the sword and the splash FX feels fitting. Tie in above* bring her wings into the skill.

Intervention – I like the animation loop she plays during the use of this skill. The FX for the bubble seems the exact same?

Voice: I would have to say this is the weakest element of the skin. While it does sound like Kayle, it is a very monotone delivery. . . The heavy breathing is… suggestive… all I could do was laugh and shake my head every time.