Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aether Kayle doesn't feel legendary

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Portent

Recruiter

01-10-2013

My main problem with it is just that the design is boring. The sword is dull, the wings are cool but nothing special, and the armor just feels lazy. It's like the devs just decided "screw designing armor for one of the armored females, let's just go with 'skintight' and color it in." Half of Kayle's character design is her armor; if you're going to make her a skin, take advantage of that instead of taking the lazy way out.

EDIT: Also, I feel it's a bit wrong to talk about how some redesigns don't fit a character and then take the game's most conservatively-dressed female and give her a skintight jumpsuit with nothing but a breastplate.

SIams Dunkley

01-10-2013

Quote:
DarkTundras:
Riot is so cocky with their new skin designs, it'll probably be 1350 or 1820, heh who would even pay that much for a kayle skin

Me. Because Kayle is awesome and I have money.

But I do agree she should be more clad in armor. If not, then at least put more design to the skintight pants, like maybe some glowy inlines.

UnknownRandom

01-11-2013

I'm going to be incredibly devastated if Riot considers this skin as "Legendary".

It would be such a wasted opportunity. There are so many better options for a Kayle Legendary skin, why waste it on this? It's got ROBOT WINGS!!! How is an Angel going to have robot wings?

BlacklronTarkus

01-11-2013

She needs a better movement animation

A turning animation would be fantastic aswell, as it looks now when sge turns it looks very awkward

Korosse

01-11-2013

Wow, tbh I think we're getting spoiled, does nobody remember what a legendary had a year ago?

sebsauve34

Recruiter

01-11-2013

It's legendary? It's worst then the normal skin.

Pentarina

01-12-2013

Lol. I don't know why everyone is bashing the skin. It's very pleasant. Deserves legendary.

Zair Umbras

01-12-2013

To be honest, I love this skin and it's incredible. While yes, compared to some other skins it's not as legendary, but to me as a hard core Kayle fan, this is one of the best things Kayle has ever gotten and it's perfect. <3 I would spend more for this than Pulsefire Ezreal because it's such an incredible skin and it's what Kayle has needed for a very, very long time.

ZenCat

01-12-2013

Quote:
Portent:
EDIT: Also, I feel it's a bit wrong to talk about how some redesigns don't fit a character and then take the game's most conservatively-dressed female and give her a skintight jumpsuit with nothing but a breastplate.

1.Skins aren't suppose to fit official lore always. They're supposed to be fun/sexy/silly/powerful/whatever...

2.No offense, but I am truly annoyed by people making comments like you just did.
She's not naked. She's not in high heels. But somehow she's still "too sexy" for you because she's not in baggy clothes or bulky armor. Please give it a rest already...

Zair Umbras

01-12-2013

Quote:
Portent:
My main problem with it is just that the design is boring. The sword is dull, the wings are cool but nothing special, and the armor just feels lazy. It's like the devs just decided "screw designing armor for one of the armored females, let's just go with 'skintight' and color it in." Half of Kayle's character design is her armor; if you're going to make her a skin, take advantage of that instead of taking the lazy way out.

Conservatively-dressed? Last time I checked, until most people read her lore, they looked at her and was near 100% sure it was a dude.... Yes, not all females need to be '****ty' and it is nice to see some tomboys in armor, but there's a difference between being conservative like Vi's original skin and looking like a skinny Garen...