Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aether Kayle doesn't feel legendary

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neo Cyrus

01-09-2013

What I want to know is why the face is not based on the old one, it was much more beautifully done before. The new face looks like a very poor job in comparison even if it is more polygons (don't know). Even at a distance it was immediately noticeable.

As it stands I'm very disappointed in it, especially the face and the voice, the colouring isn't even ideal.

CubeSalt

01-09-2013

For a legendary Kayle skin, I would like to see something along the lines of Tyreal from Diablo 3, loosely based of course. Bulky armor with some variations like cloth on the side or around waist. Incorporate light into the armor and/or wings.

Emissary of End

01-09-2013

Quote:
DarkTundras:
Riot is so cocky with their new skin designs, it'll probably be 1350 or 1820, heh who would even pay that much for a kayle skin

I would. Kayle is my favorite champ

TheEnygma

01-09-2013

her wings need to feel more "flight-like", like adding a small vapor trail behind them or cause some distortion in the air, like Firefox Ahri's flame effects

Tadiken

01-09-2013

Look at magnificient twisted fate, red baron corki, firefighter trist. They are all worse than our recent 975 skins, and now they are going in the vault. Gentleman cho will forever be better than battlecast cho though,

NotBuzzJack

01-09-2013

So I had a brief chance to try out the skin before they brought the PBE back offline (although it still says it's online for some reason) and it's definitely legendary quality.

Altonious

01-09-2013

GG Riot. So many good options for a legendary Kayle skin and you give us this ****? Why does every champion need a skin that has either the whole champion being a robot/cyborg or some part of them is now robotic? Seriously who on the design team has a hard on for Robots?

Kayle was one of the champs I had intended to get all the skins for, and am only missing Battleborn now, not only because I enjoy playing her a lot more then other champs but I actually thought all her skins looked nice. But now that plan is shattered, I can't say there is a single thing I don't dislike about this skin.

My opinion is to scrap the skin to give Kayle a better legendary skin(and work on some skins for champs that need them *cough*Udyr and Soraka*cough* Kayle has enough for now and some really nice ones), something more holy or divine looking.

3mptylord

01-10-2013

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
So I had a brief chance to try out the skin before they brought the PBE back offline (although it still says it's online for some reason) and it's definitely legendary quality.

I hate to say people's opinions are wrong... but sorry. You are just wrong. Blackthorn Morgana and Monarch Kog'Maw are more legendary than Aether Kayle.

Way back when, Magnificant Twisted Fate was one of the first skins to feature new models. That was "wow" for its time. There is nothing "wow" about Aether Kayle. Yeah, she has a neat lightsaber; and it's nice to see Hextech Anivia's wings without the ugly organ pips (the only thing sucky about that Anivia skin); but what's "legendary" about this skin?

Mysnomer

01-10-2013

Quote:
SethCypher:
She has different attack animations and different movement animations. Her emotes are also redone. She also has new backing and death animations.

I think the problem here is not the fact that Kayle's Legendary skin isn't so Legendary, its the fact that regular skins nowadays are getting better and better.

You think that's a problem? You think the advancement of quality at the lower price point is an issue? ,':| I'm sorry, but I can't agree, and neither does Riot, because they've explicitly stated they want to push the bar on skin quality. So when they don't push the bar, it's up to us to call them on it. Tops, this would be a 1350 skin because of the new dialogue (but the new dialogue is pretty awful, so that's not exactly a selling point).

PS: For all their bluster about things not fitting the theme of champs, and then they come out with this? If Riot would just go all out on more skins, do crazier things more often, I'd let it slide, but after butchering and botching so much in the names of "theme" and "character" I'm gonna hoist them by their own petard.

The SkyBorne

01-10-2013

The skin is beautiful, but her skill animations are really lacking. Her giant glowing sword of doom is cool, but when she uses her skills, you expect more...i dunno...you expect more special effect ****.

Like when she attacks an enemy with her righteous fury, theres only a little glowy circle to show any effect. If it were more spontaneous and eye catching, if her legendary just screams "Don't ignore me" on the battle field, ppl wudnt be so objected to buying her as a legendary.