One thing that really annoys me about Dominion is that no one ever tryhards...why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swampmajikk

01-09-2013

I had the same issue and I think i'm getting out of it.
Find a champion that is really good in dominion (for me it tends to be evelynn, cassiopiea and kassadin) and try to use them a lot. They may not be able to carry a completely horrible team out but they certainly pull their weight. Although I have had a couple games where my evelynn actually did carry a horrible team out..

As for revive it is essential. I refuse to believe that you won't die at any point in a dominion game and when u do die u will be right back out there ready to fight with full health. All the low elo people do not realize the utility of that spell in dom because they don't understand the differences between the crystal scar and summoners rift.
But its true if you spectate a high elo dominion game EVERYONE has revive. And theres a pretty good reason for it.
REVIVE WINS FIGHTS IN DOMINION.

And now when I play I'd say at least 5-7 people have revive in any given game, so i must be getting higher. I get nervous when i'm the only one on my team with it...

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
find a champion that is really good in dominion (for me it tends to be evelynn, cassiopiea and kassadin) and try to use them a lot.
Quote:
(for me it tends to be evelynn, cassiopiea and kassadin)
Quote:
kassadin
#1 op

Swampmajikk

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
kassadin #1 op
personally i feel like cassiopiea has a way more nasty bot lane than kassadin.
but kassadin's riftwalk makes him unstoppable elsewhere.
and a well played evelynn is a huge problem for the other team because of her speed and burst. i'm almost always in 1st place with eve.

grandmastad

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmajikk View Post
personally i feel like cassiopiea has a way more nasty bot lane than kassadin.
but kassadin's riftwalk makes him unstoppable elsewhere.
and a well played evelynn is a huge problem for the other team because of her speed and burst. i'm almost always in 1st place with eve.
I have been playing cassiopeia bottom as of late and she is nasty. Great pusher and zoner.

Swampmajikk

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmastad View Post
I have been playing cassiopeia bottom as of late and she is nasty. Great pusher and zoner.
agreed. not many people can stand up to her alone.
just be aware that they WILL send 2 after you at some point (which also helps top, especially if u can hold them off).
I've found it is also good to switch off with someone else once you hit lvl 6 because her ultimate is hugely useful in teamfights at top. I switched with a singed once halfway through the game and their team just fell apart.
Another great one is that if there is a katarina on your team using their ults together is a beautiful thing..family unity

Damieh

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
btw, has there ever been any requests to Riot of making Ranked for Dominion?
Since forever, yeah =).

Don't worry, there are lots of people who try hard. I didn't know that "tryhard" was a verb already though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
is that no one ever tryhards
It seems to me that the most stupid insult of gaming has become a verb. I never got people who called others a tryhard like an insult. Of course I'm trying hard. I like to play, I like to win, and I like to try hard.
Don't confuse trying hard with picking kassadin every game though. That's just abusing and being stupid.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Whatever ELO I'm at, people ONLY tryhard =/

Tryhard to me generally means that you put aside any other enjoyment the game generally gives, in order to achieve a W at any cost.

Damieh

01-09-2013

Tryhard means to try hard. Saying otherwise is like saying that "Bluecat" means pepperoni pizza.

Malah

01-09-2013

Tryharding: it's all fun and murder until people start playing Kassadin and Khazix, at which point we're going to find where you live and punch you in the crotch until you learn some manners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Well, knowing about the power of Revive is a knowledge thing.
Most people, especially ones who don't know about DominateDominion, wouldn't expect the "weakest" spell in the game to have as much impact in Dominion as it does.

Cut him some slack on that.

Anywho, if you wanna hang out with other people who take Dominion seriously, I *highly* recommend checking out the in-game DominateDominion chatroom.
Lotta Dominion fans in there, including both casuals and highly-skilled players.

Also, improving to the point where you can carry your way out of your current hidden elo bracket should help improve the quality of the games you get.

I'm glad that you enjoy Dominion and take it seriously.
Always nice to see another Dom player.
People are no longer stuck going to DD when sanity has reached these forums. We've got quality information here that points out Revive is the best summoner spell and there's no excuse to not know it..

The caveat is that it only applies once you're up to an elo where you die. I would frequently have low elo games where I died once or not at all. Protip to get out of low elo, play assassins and melee carries. Anything that can snowball unstoppably once you get kills because there's always someone who you can catch out for free gold or if you can get a meat wall in front of you while you slice their team up. Pre-remake Kat (don't care for the remake at all) and Akali served me quite well, and I'd imagine people would fall for Eve or Shaco's gimmicks often as well (on that note: low elo players often forget sweeper exists.)

Teamwork and standard play is certainly possible but it's far faster and far more reliable to just murder your way through matches. It also gives you a way to amuse yourself counting records of kills (Good old 25/0 Kat. I miss the days when she had the damage to do it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
Keep at it, it does get better
This right here.

That period is rather short if you play to get out of it. Doesn't necessarily mean play derpass picks to cheese your way up, but there's a more efficient way to get up there than trying to play to standard.

Ikruti

01-09-2013

I do love some deep dish bluecat though.

Anyhow, I think it's just symptomatic of your current ranking. I'm not exactly ranked high (probably not even middle of the pack) but in all of my games (which is around 2000) I've seen the "It's only Dominion" only a handful of times.

You can cheese cake your way up the ladder or do it with honor but either way I've found it gets better the more wins you get under your belt.

Keep at it, it does get better