One thing that really annoys me about Dominion is that no one ever tryhards...why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-09-2013

I used to play Dominion quite a lot when I first started, but I got sick of it after noticing it literally exists so that people can try new champions or see if a troll build works or not.

After that I've been playing nothing but Ranked games, and now that I return to Dominion again after all this time since Riot released a bunch of new items, I ran into these problems again. It feels like I'm the only one who is tryharding.....and if you do actually do well, people will use "tryhard" as an insult, or if you try to urge your team to put up more of an effort, they just brush it off with "it's just Dominion"

So why? Among all the Dominion games I play, how come this game mode basically feels like a crash test arena for people to just try out troll builds or play champions they never play before? I see it in Ranked, Normal SR, and TT too, but Dominion feels like the home of these types. How come no one ever tries to play seriously in a Dominion game?

If my guess is correct, while I rarely catch myself being toxic, but when I do, it's often in Dominion games specifically because it often feels like I'm the only one playing to win sometimes. You can't say I have personal biases giving me this perception either, because I've played other modes and I can tell when people are putting an effort or when they are not.

Until I can figure out why Dominion is always like this, for my own account's sake, I'm either only going to play it in my other account or just stick with Ranked solo queue...even if that isn't exactly paradise either.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Because you are still at a low elo. Carry yourself out of there and people will start trying to win. How much Revives do you see each game?

JamesLeBoss

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
Because you are still at a low elo. Carry yourself out of there and people will start trying to win. How much Revives do you see each game?
In his last game 3/10 people had revive.

He wasnt one of them

A Slime Appears

01-09-2013

You'll have to carry yourself out of that elo range. Basically, you have to play a bunch of games you won't enjoy until you carry yourself to a point that you can enjoy it. Amazing system, that.

Ginga

Recruiter

01-09-2013

Usually like 2-3 per game.

But the biggest issue has nothing to do with Summoner spells, it's just that people give up the very second we lose the top point. Others spend the last 3 minute dancing at the fountain waiting to lose so they can show off their champion's dancing skills as the giant crystal blows up.

Playing Dominion does not seem to be good for my LoL health...I can tolerate bad players in Ranked games, but in Dominion, they don't even try to do well.

JamesLeBoss

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Usually like 2-3 per game.

But the biggest issue has nothing to do with Summoner spells, it's just that people give up the very second we lose the top point. Others spend the last 3 minute dancing at the fountain waiting to lose so they can show off their champion's dancing skills as the giant crystal blows up.

Playing Dominion does not seem to be good for my LoL health...I can tolerate bad players in Ranked games, but in Dominion, they don't even try to do well.

Usually the more revives you have in your game, the more tryhard they are.

Yea people are like that in lower dominion elo ranges, it happens a lot less often as you get into higher elo ranges.

Ginga

Recruiter

01-09-2013

So I gotta not have fun....in order to have fun?

Sounds almost like a zen riddle. A horribly cruel one...

xPainx

01-09-2013

Even though he doesn't use revive, atleast he takes dominion seriously. You can add me Ginga. I play dominion seriously lol

HaIfhearted

01-09-2013

Well, knowing about the power of Revive is a knowledge thing.
Most people, especially ones who don't know about DominateDominion, wouldn't expect the "weakest" spell in the game to have as much impact in Dominion as it does.

Cut him some slack on that.

Anywho, if you wanna hang out with other people who take Dominion seriously, I *highly* recommend checking out the in-game DominateDominion chatroom.
Lotta Dominion fans in there, including both casuals and highly-skilled players.

Also, improving to the point where you can carry your way out of your current hidden elo bracket should help improve the quality of the games you get.

I'm glad that you enjoy Dominion and take it seriously.
Always nice to see another Dom player.

Ginga

Recruiter

01-09-2013

I used to use Revive more often due to it's enhanced ability letting run back up top before the battle ended.

But after a while I noticed that my average use rate of the spell is like....1 per game. And I rarely die in those battles up to nowadays unless I play an all in champion. After a while I just notice that other Summoner spells serves me better unless I'm a tank.

Of course the problem with playing tanks in Dominion is that unless I'm Singed, most people are too squeamish to follow up on initiations no matter how good it may be. It felt almost like trying to carry a level 10 game.

Never the less, I wish oh I WISH people treated Dominion more like Ranked games.....btw, has there ever been any requests to Riot of making Ranked for Dominion? Wouldn't that atleast weed out the people who don't even bother to play the game from the tryhards?