Veigar...hmm...a lil too underpowered I think

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kijik

11-30-2009

Honestly, just played a game with him, and though I made it to late game without TOOO much hassle and began to do some damage, he still is too weak early game, my only problem is thinking up an idea to make him better early but not overpower him..

Any ideas anyone? or am I way off base here in thinking he's still fairly underpowered(atleast early)

Micar

11-30-2009

I reckon hes pretty good as is but i havnt played him a WHOLE lot. Hes pretty much made for mid-late game but he can be quite powerful, try getting mana regen early and aim at getting as many last hits as possible to build your AP. After that i just stack AP items and stick with team, your AoE stun is great and dark matter hits like a truck.

Medea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Randomguy360

11-30-2009

get him to 1000 AP, and THEN try to tell me hes underpowered

ODonnell

11-30-2009

You absolutely need movement speed 3 boots and then you can get lots of 1v1 kills early fairly easy. But in the end he cannot do enough damage to be worthwhile over any other caster (although the void staff exploit can fix much of this...)

inept

11-30-2009

his AOE stun alone is enough to want him on any team that consists of melee/tanks. ever trapped some one with veigar then go in with nunu/amumu and just completely destroy there entire team in a 5v5? AOE kills.

oh and gangplank can be farming/pushing another lane while he adds in on the fun.

yea **** AOE.

nuborn

11-30-2009

Veigar is a supporter, no need to do much damage

SwampZero

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuborn View Post
Veigar is a supporter, no need to do much damage
the hell he is, how did you figure that out. None of his skills support anything other than the death of the other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODonnell View Post
You absolutely need movement speed 3 boots and then you can get lots of 1v1 kills early fairly easy. But in the end he cannot do enough damage to be worthwhile over any other caster (although the void staff exploit can fix much of this...)
Yes it can do plenty of damage, and you don't even need to stack void staffs in the first place.

I think your, and most other people who I've seen play veigar, problem is that you build him to tank.

Rod of the ages, arch angels staff etc etc.. Well you know what, **** that. I find that veigar's role is 1: Kill a dude as a fast as possible.

And you can build veigar to do this. You just have to abandon every single notion, instict and strategy of self preservation. Your life is not in your hands. It's in the hands of your team.

So just go Mastery Exhaust, Codex->Mejaj->Zonya or void or whatever, full penetration specs and absolutely wreck some dude.

But you have no survivability and the roa/arch spec gives AP too, you will say. Yes, maybe, but not nearly early enough to make a difference.

EDIT: let alone that annie is a usual pick and veigar absolutely wrecks the **** out of annie

Anise Tatlin

11-30-2009

I main Veigar. He is not supposed to be nuking early game. It's his metagame. You can nuke a little if you prioritize points on Dark Matter and use your ult on lv6, but that's about it. He would be mana starving after the spells (since you have to cast Event Horizon on the champion right after Dark Matter for it to hit, on early game), though.

Still, he's far from UP on mid and late game. I have literally carried teams to victory fairly often and one-shot full health champions with my ult, on late game. Not trying to show off, just saying where he shines the most.

Daikaze

11-30-2009

Veigar isn't underpowered, not by any means. It's true that his early game is a little slow, but once he hits mid-game he becomes devastating.

His early game is only poor due to a lack of mana regen, but that can be fixed with runes.