do you think it should be added back

Yes 21 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Gifting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

astralwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

this passed Christmas they installed a gifting feature, i think it should be brought back to stay, i know me and my friends really enjoyed having it and some wanted to use it today, but sadly its gone. it wouldn't hurt the game to keep it in constantly, in fact it might promote people to buy more RP to use on there friends who would normally not be able to buy RP, thus making riot more money and giving people the opportunity to get things with RP who normally cannnot

Best Furry NA

01-08-2013

Definitely a yes.

I'll approach this from two perspectives:

Riot:
People -will- pay for more RP to gift their friends. Oh, your best friend loves this game but can't afford a skin? No worries, you'll get it! You love to use that legendary Cho skin (the Battlecast one), but your friend who plays Nocturne can't match? No worries, buy it! It'll make you more $$$$

The People:
Will be more happy. Gifting always makes people excited, for birthdays, for special occasions, for just being nice. I know I gifted a few friends who just improved their game on certain champs; I wanted to inspire them. And everyone loves the feeling.

TL;DR:
Riot pls

firume

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

@OP

i read the question on the poll... be more specific in the question.

after reading what the post was about, yes. gifting has been a feature that i've repeatedly suggested to riot to implement gifting as a feature during their player feedback questionnaires.

after seeing it in action, lets keep it. the only thing i can think of that MIGHT be an issue that riot might consider is potential hijacking/fraud via the gift system. i'm sure they'd keep on top of the issue though (esp with the gift cap per day they had during the trial)

Mystic Clasher

01-09-2013

I really like this idea... I don't see the harm in it being around all the time. I think it benefits both players and riot.. it just opens up for more purchases and it can be used as birthdays as well as any other events!!

Fraxotic

01-09-2013

maybe they can incorporate a reward system for gifting as well. I like the idea of being able to gift and receive skins and other rp-related items in LOL.

astralwolf

01-09-2013

i really wish they'd bring it back it cant be that hard considering it was already there

ACGIFT

01-11-2013

I somewhat understand why Riot originally included an expiration date on the gifting system: they didn't know how much of the "Bad elements" would come out as a result, and probably (reasonably) feared a rash of people taking advantage of hacked accounts to gift things costing RP (Real money) to themselves, leaving Riot with a huge task to untangle, since the moment that value left the player's account, it became a financial/legal liability for them.

However, I do hope that it turns out that the fears were overblown, and that, (perhaps with some stronger limits, like 1 gift per 24 hours) Riot allows us to have the gifting system again; I know I took advantage of it, (got all 3 summoner icons for gifting) and it'd be cool to be able to gift some things in the future too.

Magni Imperatus

01-13-2013

I like gifts, people should give me more gifts. Gifts are fun, give me more gifts....seriously, give me more. Bring it back so I can get more gifts.

Hallagenic

01-14-2013

Doesn't need a reward system.. Add gifting in for everything that was avail. Champions/Skins/RP only make champions only giftable via rp and not via IP. If you wanna gift something you have to pay for it.. u earn free champs/runes through IP and if you wanna gift something you pay for it. Makes Riot money and allows you to get/give stuff.

There is no reason this feature should not be implemented permanently as it would simply make riot more money there is no downside to it.

astralwolf

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxotic View Post
maybe they can incorporate a reward system for gifting as well. I like the idea of being able to gift and receive skins and other rp-related items in LOL.
yah maybe not somthing to big, like a summoner icon of a big gift box