Is it hard to get 1500 elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imnotsupportingu

01-12-2013

1500 is not hard. i was stuck in "elo hell" 950-1300 for about 2 month. Then one day I had a realization that its actually really easy to gain elo.

1. Dodge trolls and duos
2. Play your main whenever possible
3. Farm. Just farm and don't be aggressive. As you can reach a certain point in the game every game with about the same items, you become better and better and learn what it takes to win the game. You're laning phase should be very very consistent meaning that you should always be about at the same point every game when laning phase ends.
4. Group up with your team and play your role correctly.

After grouping, rest is up to you and your team's decision making and teamwork. There is a lot of variables and this is what separates 1200 and 1500+

Currently 1400

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

just depends on the person. if somone is 1k elo skill then it will be very hard and may take months or years. if someone is 2k elo skill they may do it in a day.

Vizzlepeez

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebbq View Post

Currently 1400
That last 100 elo is the hardest to get through, just so u know.

deirin

01-12-2013

i think 1500+ = like...5% of riot player (gold)
1850+ = 1% (plat)
2200= 0,2% (diamond)

unsure...

trackmaster

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
Don't lie Darth, you reach a 140 minion kills in 46 min. That's not good CS'ing, that's just piss poor. That's the problem most people have, they think they are waaaaay better than they really are, but in fact they are pretty bad.
You know those stats don't include jungle creeps. I found this out when I started S3 and was getting 70cs a game on olaf, when I was around 180.

Boagster

01-12-2013

One thing to understand is that Elo is a number that, by itself, represents very little. 1400 Elo early in a season is not the same as 1400 Elo late in a season. All the number means is that if you take two teams that are all roughly the same Elo and put them against each other, both teams should have roughly a 50% chance of winning. Most players, even with great knowledge of the game, are too inconsistent to perform well against well-skilled opponents, so that's why there are so many people at low Elo. When the season finishes, 1800 Elo could have a completely different skill level of players compared to last years 1800 Elo bracket.

That said, you cannot blame your teammates for you being stuck at an Elo. You are the only constant in any team you are on, unless you play with a duo partner. If you solo and you are better than the Elo you are at, then you can guarantee your team a better-than-expected player on your team, something the other team cannot. If this is the case and one "bad player" (for the Elo you are at) is put into a game, then the other team has a 5/9 chance of getting him, meaning 56% of the time, you won't be stuck with the bad player.

Essentially, if you are better than where you are at, you will climb out. A final note is that Elo is meant to measure you over hundreds of games, not 10 or 20, so you should neither be disheartened by an early losing streak or feel you are an amazing player due to an early winning streak. Wait to see where you start to level out at.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostaniks View Post
Who are you to say that his cs is piss poor. Its not good in relativity to much higher elo players but to people in 900-1300 elo you're doing just fine. You can't tell a 15 year old track star has a piss poor 100m dash record of say 11 seconds or w.e is good at that age by comparing it to usain bolts world record..
His average cs was very low, even with a rough laning phase you should have some sort of decent cs. I scrim a lot (support player) and my ADC happens to be a very good friend of mine. Every time he misses a cs, I call him noob. After we down their tower I tell him how much cs he missed and the approx gold. CS is so ****ing important, you can dominate your lane all you want, if you don't get that gold you are as useful as your denied enemy.