Is it hard to get 1500 elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

01-08-2013

I see tons of people on twitch struggling to get past 1k elo O_O why is it so hard to get high elo? Do you have to be insanely good?

Griffen angel

01-08-2013

no it just need to learn teamwork. if someone wants a role and they have better stats then you let them. but you need to know how people work and how to help your team not you win the game.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-08-2013

If you're not a 1500+ player, then yes, it's hard to get to 1500+. And 1500+ actually represents a relatively small chunk of the population. Not as small at 1800+ or 2k+ by any means, but it's pretty small.

DarthWhore

01-09-2013

The problem is at low ELO 800-1200 people just dont listen. And they think that kills are everything. Im good at CSing(when adc, mid or top) and winning my lane then go to help other lanes. so as adc if i type omw mid the mid engages immediatly and dies before i get past dragon pit and then its my fault. OR if I say hold tower going to buy TF/IE/GA etc they engage without adc and give enemy 3-4 kills and they push our towers down. also after teamfights u have to ping and type like mad to rally team to get a objective like drake or tower and still they just farm wolves, our own buffs etc.

1400+ elo people knows the basics etc so its very easy to work with them. true there are trolls, afks at every level and elo hell is a myth but the other games are enjoyable. I hope someday I can play at that level.

only think to do is play a lot of ranked and check ur team on lolking and do your best.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Don't lie Darth, you reach a 140 minion kills in 46 min. That's not good CS'ing, that's just piss poor. That's the problem most people have, they think they are waaaaay better than they really are, but in fact they are pretty bad.

Míley Dyrus

01-09-2013

I smurfed my way up to 1600 elo and then stopped around the 1460 range on this account after my duo partner quit.
Honestly, there's a difference between "gaining elo" and "gaining skill". On my smurf where I was just shooting to see how high elo I could get, I would look at my team's comp and compare it to the enemy's. I'd then check my teammates on lolking- if they had something absurd like a 20% winrate on the champion they were using, if my team was arguing, if I didn't get the specific champion I wanted, or I just didn't feel comfortable going in, I'd dodge.
What did this mean? I dodged about half my lobbies and played a lot of aram. Did I gain elo? Yes. Did I get better? Not really. I played at around the 1500 level going in and I still do now- I just got to that elo a lot faster than I normally would.
Honestly, if you really want to focus on getting better, try ranked 5's- two wins in on my team and we're getting paired against 2000 elo players. Am I getting stomped on occasion? Yes. Is it making me a better player? Damn straight.
To actually answer your question, considering I don't feel like I really did, yes. 1500 elo is the top 15% of ranked, probably the top 3% of the total playerbase. Find a champion or two and just master them without worrying about other things. If that means you need to go into normals where you aren't as concerned about your stats, that's fine. Play 100 games or so and really master their mechanics.

Iconqt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

No, it's easy to get above 1500.

DarthWhore

01-09-2013

@FeanorAlmighty: dont base ur remarks on 1 game in lolking matches. that game i had to support for 10-15mins when our supp disconnect and xin took over mid. so learn to look at ranked stats before u let ur high ego words drop out like hot cakes.

also u may ask why didnt xin go bot? well thats coz he was jungle and we needed 4 players with items incase soraka didnt come back. so we let xin farm and graves farm which took us to victory in the end.

Prostaniks

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
Don't lie Darth, you reach a 140 minion kills in 46 min. That's not good CS'ing, that's just piss poor. That's the problem most people have, they think they are waaaaay better than they really are, but in fact they are pretty bad.
Who are you to say that his cs is piss poor. Its not good in relativity to much higher elo players but to people in 900-1300 elo you're doing just fine. You can't tell a 15 year old track star has a piss poor 100m dash record of say 11 seconds or w.e is good at that age by comparing it to usain bolts world record..

PoisonedPeace

01-11-2013

Darth said it.

I played a game tonight, and my team wasn't losing but we werent winning. We won two teamfights in a row at about 35-37 minutes, and we didnt take a single tower, baron, or dragon. They didnt even ward them. People at low elo dont understand the game, or they wouldnt be there.